from NAS to ps3 and then uncompatible data?

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
Niels15
AV Hardware:UPnP , NAS server
from NAS to ps3 and then uncompatible data?

Post by Niels15 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:06 pm

i have a problem i have a Mac a NAS and a PS3
from Mac to PS3 with twonky media works fine movies, pictures and audio
but when i try from NAS, with twonky media, to PS3 it says uncompantible data, how can i solve this?

second question (maybe not the right place)
I have a Lacie ethernet disk mini and i updated him with this download from lacie this includes Twonky media but is this the full version or the 30 days trial?
http://www.lacie.com/fi/support/drivers ... m?id=10105

cheers!

mcgough
AV Hardware:PS3, Maxtor NAS

Re: from NAS to ps3 and then uncompatible data?

Post by mcgough » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:30 pm

I have a similar problem to Niels15, I can play an xvid file without any problems if the PS3 (v 2.30) is playing it from a USB memory stick but the same file on my NAS running twonky displays in the PS3 dash as unsupported data.

The PS3 is obviously happy with the file from a USB stick but for some reason doesn't like it through twonky! :x

any ideas :?

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:36 pm

Niels15 wrote:i have a problem i have a Mac a NAS and a PS3
from Mac to PS3 with twonky media works fine movies, pictures and audio
but when i try from NAS, with twonky media, to PS3 it says uncompantible data, how can i solve this?
Firstly tell us more about the problem...

Media, codec, application used to encode it, youtr network, what version of twonky, what firmware on the PS3 would be a good start. There is a sticky in the main mediaserver forum, that gives info on what info to provide when asking for help.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

bigpanda

Post by bigpanda » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:36 pm

Hi,
i8 also had this problem but found it was related to my wireless router. try using a wired connection to the ps3 asnd re-build your tw database while you are at it.

R 8-)

p.s .. yes it all works wonderfully now.