A few PS3 playback problems

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
jlazuka
AV Hardware:PS3
A few PS3 playback problems

Post by jlazuka » Tue May 27, 2008 3:04 am

I just installed twonky today and got my ps3 all up and running. Everything seemed to go smooth, I have actually played h264, avi, wmv movies and mp3 files.

All of a sudden when I try to access my music (only the music, video still works) it either gives me a DLNA error, or it just says "there are no titles" it even recognizes the different folders in the music dir. Any help is appreciated. Love the potential of this.

ThyMaster

Re: A few PS3 playback problems

Post by ThyMaster » Tue May 27, 2008 8:23 am

Hmm,

maybe I'm wrong, but do you try to access your music from the Video menu of the PS3 XMB bar?
That would be common usability issue since TV is offering all media content (video, music and pictures) to the XMB entries.-
Hence you will have music and pictures "available" from videos but obviously no data will be in them since only video data is searched for.
Go to music XMB entry then.

- ThyMaster

schmidtbb

Post by schmidtbb » Tue May 27, 2008 7:31 pm

You may want to upgrade to a 1gb network speed. This resolved many issues I have had in using the PS3 with TV. Since then I have not have any issues.
PS3 is heaven on earth!

eyesolation
AV Hardware:Terastation HS

Post by eyesolation » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:44 am

I'm having exactly the same problem as the original poster. And no, I'm not browsing the wrong XMB category.
Videos work fine, the Musics category lists all my albums, but when I open an album, i always get an
"there are no titles" message (sometimes, but not always coupled with a dlna error 2104).
Strange thing is that this has already worked before. The only thing that might have broken it is that I
upgraded my PS3 to fw2.43.
Does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

jeffjl98
AV Hardware:PS3 and TV from my PC running Windows XP, Home Edition version 2002, Service Pack 3. I have Twonky installed as Window Service.

Post by jeffjl98 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:12 am

I am having the exact same proplem.
I've had this working fine on my machine, but now it doesn't work any more. I just downloaded the 4.4.7 and I get the same DLNA error and it shows No Titles on many of my folders with working MP3's. I'm on the music menu and no matter how I search, some folders come up empty. It also won't show me the All Song List either. It says there are No Titles.

What do you mean by upgrading to a 1 gig network. Can you exaplain what hardware/software that would take? I really want this to work and I'm registered user.

How can I get some technical support on this issue??

I've been having this problem for the last 2 versions of Twonky. And I've tried lots of tips in this forum, but nothing has worked for me so fare on this issue.