n_s_simpson
AV Hardware:PS3
LinkStation Live Running Twonky
Windows Vista
Ministry of Sound DLNA player
N95 with DLNA
Re: Latest PSP3 System Update Issue

Post by n_s_simpson » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:16 pm

Is there anyone that knows whether the twonky server is somehow stopping my PS3 from reading the length of the movie in certain formats or is it the PS3 that isn't playing ball?

sjansen
AV Hardware:QNAP
PS3
Squeezebox Boom

Re: Solution to Latest PS3 System Update Issue

Post by sjansen » Mon May 04, 2009 1:19 pm

Hi all,

I am wondering if the problem is not solved as described in the thread! Did you all realize that at least for those with divx streaming problems it is sufficient to go to your mnt/HDA_ROOT/twonkymedia/resources and edit the clients.db as written by corival. Afterwards press the reset list clients/security button in TwonkyMedia and your PS3 will recognice your divx (avi) files that you are streaming just as before the latest PS3 update.

You can therefore do it yourself and do not need for the NAS update by your vendor if you have a Qnap.

Corival, thanks for your post!

dsimulated
AV Hardware:Edmini

Re: Latest PSP3 System Update Issue

Post by dsimulated » Sat May 23, 2009 7:52 pm

I was experiencing the 'unsupported data' PS3 issue after the latest update from Sony.

My resolution was slightly different to others on the board (but just as frustrating!) so I wanted to cover the steps I went through in case anyone is in the same boat as me.

1. PS3 reporting 'unsupported data' for video files on the Edmini NAS
2. Install the twonky admin patch (link earlier in this thread) via the Edmini Configuration page
3. Go to http://edmini:9000
4. TwonkyVision Configuration should be shown
5. Click 'Troubleshooting' under Security
6. Enter the IP address of your PS3 in the Clients: box, and select 'Syabas...' from the dropdown menu adjacent
7. Click Save Changes
8. Click Restart Server
9. Browse to the Edmini on your PS3 and viola! you should now be able to stream videos

There's a note in the TwonkyVision UI about Syabas based clients lacking some AVI support, so I haven't tested this setting with streaming AVIs to my PS3- only DivX.

Hope this helps.