Fix Not Working

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
airactivist
AV Hardware:PSP3
Fix Not Working

Post by airactivist » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:26 am

I just finished editing in wordpad the "HH-PLAYSTATION3" to "HH-PLAYSTATION 3" in the client.db, Windows Vista. Restarted the server, ensured PS3 was entered in place of the Generic DLNA...and, I'm still encountering the same issue. Some video is listed, some is not. Before the 2.41 firmware upgrade, all of my videos on the server through Twonky would be listed. Now, about half are listed as "Unsupported Data". These are mostly self-generated .m2ts and .mts files. I'm absolutely certain that this is a 2.41 issue, because I went and bought another Playstation3 that had not been updated, and it played everything and listed everything. As soon as I updated it, it turned into a virtual brick.

If anyone comes up with a Vista fix, I'll be deeply grateful. Thanks in advance.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: Fix Not Working

Post by mgillespie » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:13 am

If the fix is not working, then it's because of a seperate issue. Does PS3 support M2TS and MTS? I have never seen it documented that it does.
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

airactivist
AV Hardware:PSP3

Re: Fix Not Working

Post by airactivist » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:55 am

I'm not sure if Sony "officially" supports .m2ts or .mts, however, one of their most popular camcorders, the SR11, generates both of those files, and the PS3 happily played those files flawlessly prior to the 2.41 update. Even after the update, as long as the files are either on the PS3 hard drive, or via one of the memory card slots...either Memory Stick or SD card, the unit still plays them. What's so frustrating now is the PS3 after the 2.41 update still plays some of these files via Twonky, but some now are listed as "Unsupported Data". It's peculiar, to say the least.

Thanks in advance to the person who comes up with the fix.