PSP,
Wii,
Slingbox Pro,
Windows home server,
Netgear 8000 DEC
Belkin Vision ADSL Router
Twonky vs PVConnect on WHS PP1

Post by Bugsy1957 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:35 pm

This is probably a very simple and possibly a stupid question.

I have a Windows Home Server and until last week had a purchased version of Twonky installed. Apart from the well known issue with the PS3 since 2.41 I was very happy with the combination.

I have now upgraded to WHS PP1 and this now includes PVconnect and my question is quite simply what is the difference between Twonky PVConnect - do they offer the same functionality

My main requirement is to stream music, photos and video (mainly m2ts) throughout the house using PS3s as clients

Pre PS3 2.41 Twonky was able to do this fine. Does PVConnect offer this functionality?

Bugsy (who is really waiting for the next PS3 update)

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: Twonky vs PVConnect on WHS PP1

Post by mgillespie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:55 pm

The same product I believe...
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

gauche
AV Hardware:PS3, WHS, PVConnect/Twonky

Re: Twonky vs PVConnect on WHS PP1

Post by gauche » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:03 pm

PVConnect is the combination of TwonkyMedia Server and a WHS add-in that allows you to administer Twonky via the WHS connector interface. At least, it should but it has some annoying bugs such as when you attempt to change shared folders it gets very confused.

HTH