Bug in 4.4.6: Cover Art + ' in filenames = broken

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
ThyMaster
Bug in 4.4.6: Cover Art + ' in filenames = broken

Post by ThyMaster » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:04 am

Hi Guys,

I found and confirmed a bizarre bug in TV 4.4.6:
If you have mp3's in directory or with filenames that include a ' in TV 4.4.6, it will fail on caching and displaying the cover art on the PS3!
The above does not apply to ID3 tags with ' in it, this works fine...

Current workaround:
Download TV 5.01ß and copy/overwrite the following two files in the cgi-bin directory of TV 4.4.6:
cgi-jpegscale
jpeg-scale.desc

- ThyMaster

P.S.: This bug seems to become a kind of running gag:
In version 4.4.5 the & produced the same problem. Now with 4.4.6 this problem is gone and they introduced the ' as the stumble stone....

qnapuser

Re: Bug in 4.4.6: Cover Art + ' in filenames = broken

Post by qnapuser » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:07 pm

Running 4.4.9 on a Qnap 109, PS3 with 2.5 firmware - the problem of album art not displaying on some tracks via the PS3 has been driving me nuts for some time. I've just worked out myself that it's every track with the ' character in the filename or tags that corresponds to the missing album art, then I found this post.

I'm a bit reluctant to try the 'copy files from v5 option' and the problem is clearly still current. Assuming you're correct and it is the file name and not the ID tag that is triggering this, is there any (preferably free) utility that will find and delete this character in the file name across whole directories? I've got 22,000 thousand files and probably hundreds of them with this character in. I'm not using anything that sorts by filename so the actual file name being wrong is no big issue.

[Edit] Fixed this with http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Main_Intro.php
No more ' characters in my mp3 filenames and album art now displaying correctly.

John

tsparc
AV Hardware:Lacie Ethernet Big Disk
PS3
Archos 605 WiFi

Re: Bug in 4.4.6: Cover Art + ' in filenames = broken

Post by tsparc » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:11 am

Can't get this to work at all. I'm running 4.4.6 on a Qnap TS109 II Pro, and 2xPS3's on latest firmware.

Streaming works a treat for music, films, photos etc from the NAS but I can't for the life of me get cover art to show for films. I have a folder //Video/Movies which contains a few hundred items - mixture of folders with movies and some are just files. I picked two folders, "I Am Legend", and "Team America". In each of those folders i put "I Am Legend.jpg", "Team America.jpg" respectively. I then re-built the database. Can't see anything.

I am aware of the reported bug when using characters such as ' in file names but this is not the case for the above two folders. Could it be a problem with scaling? I just downloaded the cover art from Amazon. I don't have the "disable photo scaling" option ticked in Twonky.

Could it be that the folder "Movies" to which both of the above belong contains files wich do have special characters and this screws it up for all others? Or that the "Movies" folder contains a mixtures of folders with movies and movie files.

Similar problem for Music. I would have though the cover art embedded by iTunes would show up. Of all my music only one showed up and it was one where the cover art was added manually.