Problems displaying JPG/GIF/TIF/PNG files?

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
garyfritz
AV Hardware:Lacie Big Disk, PS3, CRT projector, etc
Problems displaying JPG/GIF/TIF/PNG files?

Post by garyfritz » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:48 am

I have a number of photos (JPG) on my Lacie NAS running 4.4.2. The PS3 displays them just fine.

I also put several test-pattern images on there, in various formats including JPG. The PS3 says almost all of them are "Unsupported format." A few of them work, but I don't know why they're any different. I've tried saving them as different filetypes and that didn't help.

If I browse to http://nas:9000/webbrowse, the browser displays the images just fine. So it's not Twonky.

Any idea why the PS3 is choking on them? I'd like to use these test patterns to set up my projector.

Thanks!
Gary

garyfritz

Re: Problems displaying JPG/GIF/TIF/PNG files?

Post by garyfritz » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Anyone? Anyone?? C'mon, 43 views and not a single suggestion? Nobody else has run into this?

BTW I've tried hitting Triangle and copying the files to the PS3, as suggested elsewhere for a similar problem, but the PS3 says there are "no image files to copy."

I finally put the images on a USB stick and copied them onto the PS3, so I can use the test patterns. But I would like to figure out why it didn't work.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:12 pm

Perhaps if you shared the test patterns, then people might be more willing tio help.

100% of my images work fine, most of them are from the same source however (my Camera).
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

garyfritz

Post by garyfritz » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Great idea. Here are several files. SMPTE1080.jpg works in the PS3, but none of the others do -- including SMPTE1080.PNG. I believe SMPTE1080.JPG was the original, and I converted it to PNG using IrfanView, so it's the same picture but in a different format. The GIF and PNG files don't work. I also have other JPG files that don't work, but they're pretty large so I didn't include them.

All these images work fine if I copy them onto the PS3 with a USB stick, but only SMPTE1080.jpg works through Twonky. All the JPGs from my camera work fine through Twonky.
Attachments
TestPatterns.zip
(222.98KiB)Downloaded 339 times

TKovacs2
AV Hardware:Twonky 4.4.9, PS3, Windows Server 2003 SP2

Post by TKovacs2 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:57 pm

I'm actually having the same problem as well. Has anyone come up with a solution yet?

acaciolo

Post by acaciolo » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:43 am

me too. same problem with anything shot in jpg format with a nikon d300 or d90. the images show fine when I put the sd card in the ps3, but they show as unsupported when I try to use twonky.