TAG on AVI with PS3, QNap TS-409 Pro and TwonkyVision

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
Chilledblue
AV Hardware:QNap TS-409 Pro
TAG on AVI with PS3, QNap TS-409 Pro and TwonkyVision

Post by Chilledblue » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:33 am

Hi guys,
I hope that someone can help me out.

I have a lot of movies stored in my QNap TS-409 Pro server, and I stream the through my lan to a PS3. The problem is that the movie are so much that I'm started to divide them in foledr by genre. Unfortunately this is not enough because the search of a movie is becoming difficult due to the long list inside the folder.

I was wondering if there is a way to insert TAG into an AVI file (like I normally do with mp3 audio file) in wich I can store data like year, genre, director, actors, etc. and of course having TwonkyVision recognise those tags and split according to the PS3.

Thanks e regards

pjo
AV Hardware:PS3

Re: TAG on AVI with PS3, QNap TS-409 Pro and TwonkyVision

Post by pjo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:50 am

I have seen an app that does this, never tried it though. I think it was called something like ABCavi Tag Editor.
8)
pjo

Chilledblue

Post by Chilledblue » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:18 pm

pjo wrote:I have seen an app that does this, never tried it though. I think it was called something like ABCavi Tag Editor.
8)
pjo
Thanks pjo, I've found it and it seems to do the job. But then is there a way to see and use them on a twonky media server?

C.

pjo

Post by pjo » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:47 pm

Not sure on that... I am still tryingto figure out if you can have more than just the three categories (Music, Photos and Videos)!

My guess is that if you can copy the infrastructure of the music category to the videos - of course having it look at the right media types - it should work. Have you tried moving a tagged movie into the music folder to see if it would work through the tag filtering?

pjo

Chilledblue

Post by Chilledblue » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:41 am

pjo wrote:Have you tried moving a tagged movie into the music folder to see if it would work through the tag filtering?

pjo
No, tonight I will try it could be an idea. Thanks

C.

pjo

Post by pjo » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:55 pm

Chilledblue, did you ever get a chance to try it? Did it work?

pjo