PS3 WOBBLY Sound + Stream stop

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
lebreud
AV Hardware:PS3 (NAS ICY BOX 4220B)
PS3 WOBBLY Sound + Stream stop

Post by lebreud » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:04 am

Couple of issues perhaps the gurus out there may have a quick fix?. Twonky is running on an ICY BOX 4220B streaming over to a PS3. (Networked with linksys 4 port ADSL gateway router in garage). The music I have is all my CD collections converted to Mp3 from Windows media ripping. When a file is played on the PS3 it sees the Twonky Media unit no problem and finds all the files..easy peasy you may say BUT when it plays the files they sound a little wobbly sound level has slight fluctuations and more dramtic is there are random stops and starts some up to 2-3 seconds which is a real pain. I look at the NAS drive which seems static its not as though a huge amount of hard drive activity is going on when this occurs.. Can anyone shed any light here could be a stream issue / PS3 playback issue Im stumped been through all menu options on PS3 with no luck even upped the stream buffer in TWONKY with no joy... Help me pleeaasseeee..!!

Bugsy1957
AV Hardware:Yamaha RXV2700
PS3,Xbox 360 Elite,
PSP,
Wii,
Slingbox Pro,
Windows home server,
Netgear 8000 DEC
Belkin Vision ADSL Router

Re: PS3 WOBBLY Sound + Stream stop

Post by Bugsy1957 » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:15 pm

I had a similar problem which occured if I attempted to stream from twonky (running on a Windows Home Server) if the software was reindexing after I had added some content.

If I left it for a while and then played either audio or video it was fine.