Problem getting DTS and subtitles to work with AVCHD on ps3

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
baronofhell
AV Hardware:qnap ts-409 pro, PS3, XBOX 360
Problem getting DTS and subtitles to work with AVCHD on ps3

Post by baronofhell » Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:54 am

Ok, so I Just got a Qnap 409 pro yesterday and have been playing around with it, but can't get twonky to properly stream blu-ray compliant avchd.
Example: Using TsMuxer I can take a mkv and convert it to a .m2ts, which works great with the ps3 if it isn't DTS audio or have subtitles. If you want to keep the dts audio or use subtitles you would have to use TsMuxer to use the bluray disc profile and burn it to a dvd.

Well, I discovered a way of playing the bluray files off a usb drive from another forum, First of all, your video stream must be Bluray compliant, 1920x1080 or 1280x720, or this will not work. then download this program AVCHD-MEhttp://www.mediafire.com/?ywt2wysnzb1

1. Mux video, audio, subs using tsMuxeR to Blu-ray
2. Make a folder called AVCHD. Place the BDMV and Certificate folders in the AVCHD folder.
3. AVCHD-ME program into the AVCHD folder with the other two Bluray folders, run the application, it should only take 1 second and it will give you a confirmation "Rename Successful".
4. Delete the AVCHD-ME application.
5. Transfer the AVCHD folder to the root of your external driveor flash
6. Stick it in the PS3, navigate to the Video section, press X on the AVCHD folder.
7. Now the movie will play as if it were a disc, you also must turn the subs on, they will not start automatically.

So this brings me to the problem, this works fine on a usb stick but not with twonky, It just see's the mts file in the stream dir and playsit with no audio(since file is using dts). Is this just a limitation of twonky or of the qnap?