QNAP TS-209 Pro II + PS3 with built in Twonkymedia

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
scotmk
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-209 Pro II 2Tb, 1Tb mirrored RAID 1 (FM - 2.1.0 (0904T)
Sony 40gb (upgraded to 250gb) PS3 (FM 2.50)
QNAP TS-209 Pro II + PS3 with built in Twonkymedia

Post by scotmk » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:53 pm

Hi All

I have spent quite some time going through the posts, as I was experiencing some issues. I purchased a QNAP TS-209 Pro II and 2 x 1TB drives, set it all up and configued RAID 1 mirror, All ok.

Set up folders for Music, Photos, Videos, and shared across network, PC sees all shares and can copy files to and fro. Went to PS3 fm 2.50, and can see twonky server, browsed files and could only see photo, not music or videos. After reading a lot of posts here, and seeing a lot of people with similar issues. I ended up doing the following.

Tried refreshing list in clients and now showed PS3, changed to this no good.

Upgraded QNAP FM to latest available from QNAP, 2.1.0 (0904T), which in turn upgraded a load of other goodies including TwonkeyMedia to 4.4.6., now I get 2 options PS3 pre 2.41 and PS3 post 2.41, selected the latter and stil no joy, only photos. (done all the rebooting, rescanning, etc, etc.)

I was getting the no files, or something like that, like other peopled.

When vewing the (i) button at top of page next to the home icon, it shows the server status, and though I had many music, video and photos, it was only showing #### of photos and nothing else, so that made sense as to why the PS3 is not seeing anything.

Now it seems a little simple, it could be very overlooked by some... I went to the sharing tab again, and rebrowsed the files and selected the folders again, this time it showed the files, (did not do that last time) Saved this and rescanned, checked the (i) again and it now shows figures for photos, music and videos and now works with all media to my PS3.

So I think the main key things are upgrade QNAP box to latest version, select Post PS3 2.41 option, and rebrowsed folders so it knows they are there.

So now it all works great, I am very happy.

I hope this helps anyone who has been having issues, and I would never have found these options if not for browsing through here., so thanks.

Regards

Scot
QNAP TS-209 Pro II 2Tb, 1Tb mirrored RAID 1 (FM - 2.1.0 (0904T)
Sony 40gb (upgraded to 250gb) PS3 (FM 2.50)