360 changes name to PVConnect, cannot use PS3 anymore

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
mattardo
AV Hardware:PS3
360 changes name to PVConnect, cannot use PS3 anymore

Post by mattardo » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:57 pm

Hello there. Normally, I use my PS3 for Twonky and the icon is listed as Twonky. It works just fine.
The second I turn on my Xbox 360, however, the name changes from Twonky to Twonky PVConnect and the icon is now greyed out. If I try to play anything, everything is backwards (Video section of XMB will display the music files, etc.).
It's driving me nuts having to restart the server every time this happens. What could be going on? I'm not using my 360 to stream files when this happens. It just happens when it turns on. :?:

mattardo

Re: 360 changes name to PVConnect, cannot use PS3 anymore

Post by mattardo » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:14 am

Okay, does ANYBODY know what I'm talking about? Let me explain a little more, in case I wasn't explicit enough.
My PS3 displays the Twonky server as Twonky, and it works fine. If I, at any point, turn my Xbox 360 on it displays the name as Twonky PVConnect on the 360 and plays fine on the Xbox.
If I go back to PS3, the name has changed from Twonky to Twonky PVConnect and it doesn't work correctly: The server icon is grey, The audio is in the video, video in audio section, etc.etc.
I must then restart the server to get it back to normal.

So why does the server change after the 360 uses it? And why does it change it's name? This is very aggravating. Surely SOMEONE must know what's going on?

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:13 am

Not that many people have botha 360 and a PS3, I have never seen this on my setup, a PS3 and 2 Noxon2, which suggests the Xbox is where the problem lies (no change there then..). I also know the Xbox is not DLNA compliant, and requires nasty hacks serverside to get it working.

If you have enough resources on the server, you could try running 2 instances of the server, one for the 360, the other for everything else. Not ideal I know, but it might work.,
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

Bugsy1957
AV Hardware:Yamaha RXV2700
PS3,Xbox 360 Elite,
PSP,
Wii,
Slingbox Pro,
Windows home server,
Netgear 8000 DEC
Belkin Vision ADSL Router

Post by Bugsy1957 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:09 pm

mgillespie wrote:Not that many people have botha 360 and a PS3, I have never seen this on my setup, a PS3 and 2 Noxon2, which suggests the Xbox is where the problem lies (no change there then..). I also know the Xbox is not DLNA compliant, and requires nasty hacks serverside to get it working.

If you have enough resources on the server, you could try running 2 instances of the server, one for the 360, the other for everything else. Not ideal I know, but it might work.,
In an indle few minutes I read this post and found it interesting. I do have an Xbox 360 elite and a PS3 and Twonky is installed on a Windows Home Server (WHS). I use Twonky to stream m2ts files out to the PS3.

under normal circumstances the WHS appears twice in the XMB , once under the server name and once under the twonky name.
One thing I have noticed is that if the WHS gets a bit busy reindexing content the twonkyname drops from the list even if the Xbox360 has not been switched on for days,

So are you sure this is caused by the Xbox or could it be a red herring?

Dave

mattardo

Post by mattardo » Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:34 am

I'm almost positive it's from the Xbox... I recently opened up Twonky and found that the Xbox 360 was listed twice in the settings as a device, and upon removing one of the entries it began working normally again for both machines. Now it's happening again, however, so I'm not entirely sure if it's a Red Herring or not.
There are no duplicates of the xbox in the configuration menu right now. It's very frustrating.
I use the PS3 for when I want to listen to music from the server, and I use the 360 for when I want to listen to music while in a game (since the PS3 kindly doesn't support in-game DLNA streaming). Both are equally valuable to me, dang it!