unsupported data with all media files ?!

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
kvdv
unsupported data with all media files ?!

Post by kvdv » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:54 pm

Help! I'm using PS3 system 2.52 and TwonkyMedia server for Readynas 4.4.4 (I don't know how i can see which specific version of 4.4.4?)
Right now, no music, no video, no photo -> the PS3 keeps saying "Unsupported Data" for all media files. I tried restarting the ReadyNas and the TwonkyMedia server and also rebuilding the database, but nothing helps.

What can I do?

thanks,
Kris

Wedged!
AV Hardware:PS3

Re: unsupported data with all media files ?!

Post by Wedged! » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:38 am

I am getting the same error for all 50% of my avi files atm as well!

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Re: unsupported data with all media files ?!

Post by mgillespie » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:59 am

There was a Change in the PS3's device identification string a while back, old versions of all media servers (not just TwonkyMedia) have problems,.

You need to update ideally update to a newer version of the server, and reset your clients database, or if thats not possible (because it's a NAS for example), then you need to go into the clients table, and sure the entry for the PS3, is set to PS3, not Generic Media Reciever
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.