.MTS file streaming from iMac

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
smoak5
AV Hardware:24" iMac 2.8 Ghz, PS3
.MTS file streaming from iMac

Post by smoak5 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:08 am

quick question from a newbie.

i want to be able to stream my .MTS files (recorded from my Sony HDR-1) that i downloaded onto my 24" iMac (10.5.6) to my PS3 over wifi (i have the airport extreme base).

i bought twonkey, set it up as straightforward as i can and my PS3 is able to see my mediaserver and all the .MTS files.

when i go to play the files, the Mbps is very slow, average about 4 Mbps, which gives the video too much stutter to be viewable. anyway around this to improve playback.

thanks for any advice.

gosi
AV Hardware:PS3, Twonky Media Server

Re: .MTS file streaming from iMac

Post by gosi » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:49 pm

well two things: first you have to check what the problems is, then you fix it. Try to put the file on a USB stick or copy it over from your twonky and see if plays fine from a local device. If so you have a connection problem.

Usually wifi is fast enough for movie playback but different WLAN vendors work good or less well together. My Apple Airport and PS3 in combination are not working very well, so it might be the same for you or maybe the distance between your Airport is too big or maybe to much walls ... so if its the connection it is prolly best to pull a cable, I know, pain in the ass but works best ;)