Network errors, no artwork - help please

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
datahoarder
AV Hardware:Maxtor Nas , PS# , XBOX , Sony wa1
Network errors, no artwork - help please

Post by datahoarder » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:14 am

I have Twonky 4.4.11 running on a maxtor shared storage NAS. I am having issues with the PS3(ver 2.60). 2 issues .

1. When streaming divx movies about 3 times a movie it stops with a network error.

2. When listening to mp3's . I get a network error but the song still plays but is missing the embedded artwork.

I used to have twonky 4.4.8, ps3 (ver2.55) and the mp3's would fail but it showed the artwork.

Any suggestions on diagnosing the issue. I am wired, i removed all the "&"'s from the mp3 filenames. I have a 2wire adsl modem/router.

staun
AV Hardware:Playstation 3, Twonky Media 4.4.9 on powerful Debian server.

Re: Network errors, no artwork - help please

Post by staun » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:58 pm

Did you try raising the buffer? I had loads of network problems, but after a buffer raise it turned out a lot better. These days I have trouble with disconnects when I switch the lights on or off. Somehow that current interferes with my netcabling :) Fantastic isn't it? :lol:

qnapuser

Post by qnapuser » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Check for ' characters in mp3 file names - this bug still persists in 4.4.11, despite being pointed out elsewhere in this forum last November:

http://twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... art#p20630

John

datahoarder
AV Hardware:Maxtor Nas , PS# , XBOX , Sony wa1

Post by datahoarder » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:52 pm

Finally got it hope this helps someon else;

Get rid of the " ' " in all filenames and checked the check box regarding photoscaling in the maitenance options and they reappeared.

Thanks