HP Mediasmart 2.5 Update, TwonkyMedia DNLA folders

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
JKLionheart
AV Hardware:PS3, HP Mediasmart Server
HP Mediasmart 2.5 Update, TwonkyMedia DNLA folders

Post by JKLionheart » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:44 am

I installed the HP Mediasmart 2.5 update onto the EX485 just last night, and I have noticed that on my PS3, when accessing my videos, I see the following folders:
- Album
- All Videos
- Personal rating
- Playlists

What I don't see if "Folder", where all videos are displayed in the existing folder structure as stored on the server. It was there before the update and I've been using it for a while. Is there any way to get this back? The only other way to find my videos is to use "All Videos" and scroll through a huge list :?

I also have a DLNA server running off Vista's Windows Media Player and it still shows "Folder" as well as a bunch of other folder choices for sorting. Is this configurable or based off what WMP/Twonky is programmed to show for folders?

mnorton33
AV Hardware:HP SmartMedia, PS3, Xbox 360

Re: HP Mediasmart 2.5 Update, TwonkyMedia DNLA folders

Post by mnorton33 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:09 am

I have the same issue after upgrading to 2.5. Anyone know how to get the view by folder option back?

voip-ninja
AV Hardware:HP Mediasmart EX485, PS3, Tivo HD, iMac, PCs.

Re: HP Mediasmart 2.5 Update, TwonkyMedia DNLA folders

Post by voip-ninja » Sat May 09, 2009 6:25 am

I am seeing missing meta data folders in Music also. For example, there is no longer an "Artist" folder on my PS3 when I browse my Twonky that runs on the EX485. I'm running the 5.0.2 Twonky load for the HP Mediasmart.

Very annoying!

I know the Meta Data is good because it is showing up correctly with other media playback devices.