Photos no longer work on PS3

Discuss Twonky and PS3 here
offcamber
AV Hardware:Windows 7 64-bit
Photos no longer work on PS3

Post by offcamber » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:52 am

Sometime in the last couple of weeks, I stopped being able to view photos on my PS3 through Twonky. The folders show up and I can open them and see the thumbnails of the photos but when I view a photo, it just opens the thumbnail picture (something like 105x107) and scales it to fit the screen in a pixellated mess. This appears to be an incompatibility with the PS3. I can select DLNA on my Samsung TV and it views fine at full size but the PS3 gives me nothing but giant pixellated copies of the thumbnails. Anyone have any ideas?

Bob

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Photos no longer work on PS3

Post by Twonky_Rick » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:48 pm

1. Can you please check the server Media Receiver settings page and see if Twonky is correctly identifiying your device as a Sony PS3?
2. Are you running the newest firmware on your PS3?
3. Is anyone else having this problem?

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/