TwonkyServer 6.0.36 is now available for download!

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.
TwonkyServer 6.0.36 is now available for download!

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:13 pm

TwonkyServer 6.0.36 – Release Notes.

Download it here:
http://www.twonky.com/support/downloads.aspx

We're still waiting on the final builds of TwonkyServer 6.0.36 for Mac and Linux. We'll post both to the download page ASAP.

- This software update includes a new feature that allows you to wirelessly sync media from your mobile device to your computer. For more information about using this feature with our Twonky Mobile Android app, check out the “Syncing Your Files” section below.
- A new client adaptation was added for Sony Bravia, Sony Blu-Ray Home Theaters and Sony Blu-Ray Players. With this change, all files that could be played through other DLNA servers are now also supported by TwonkyServer.
- Fixed a problem with the web config page not launching that occurred when installing TwonkyServer on a Mac running the Lion OS.
- Fixed YouTube streaming problems
- Information about other improvements and bug fixes can be found in the TwonkyServer release notes, which can be found in the TwonkyServer folder under Program Files\Twonky.

Syncing Your Files

This software update includes a new feature that allows you to wirelessly sync media from your mobile device to your computer. This way, your home computer will always have the latest photos you’ve taken with your mobile device, or you can choose what files from your computer you want with you wherever you go. Set it to automatically sync whenever your devices are on the same Wi-Fi network, or perform a manual sync at your convenience. You can configure wireless syncing the first time you launch this software, or set it up later by following the steps below:

Configuring Sync Settings

In most cases, the factory defaults for the sync folders on your mobile device will work without any need for configuration.

By default, synced photos are found in the DCIM folder on your SD card. Synced music and videos are found in the Twonky Sync folder on your SD Card. To change the default sync folders on your mobile device, follow the steps below under ‘Changing Your Mobile Sync Folders.’

Selecting a Sync Server

Before you can sync your media, you need to install a compatible sync server on your computer and select this as your sync server. Compatible sync servers include: TwonkyServer 6.0.36 (or later), TwonkyManager 2.0.7 (or later) or other WebDAV server software.

1. Launch Twonky Mobile
2. Press the menu button and click on Sync.
3. Select ’Sync Settings’
4. Select ’Configure Music Sync’
5. Touch ’Choose sync location’ and select the remote server and folder you want to use for synching. You’ll see a spinning circle while we scan your network for supported servers. Make sure you’ve installed one of the compatible sync servers listed above.
6. Press the OK button to continue, unless you have previously set a username and password for this server. By default no username or password has been set.
7. By default, the type of syncing is set to copy server files to this device. To change this select one of the following three options:

a. Full sync – This syncs files in both directions. Files added to either sync folder, will be copied to the sync folder on your other device.
b. Copy files from this device to server – This only syncs in one direction, from this device to your other device.
c. Copy server files to this device – This only syncs in one direction, from the other device to this device.

To automatically sync all items, press the back button and check ’Allow Auto-Sync when in home network’ which is described below.

8. Press the Back button and repeat steps 5 through 8 for photos and video..
9. When you’re finished, press the Back button until you’ve returned to your media.

Note: The syncing feature is a non-deleting sync. This means that it will not delete the files on your server if you delete them on your device. Alternatively, if you delete or move files from your sync folders on your server, those files will not be deleted from your device the next time you sync.

Automatic Sync

If you’ve checked ’Allow Auto-Sync when in home network’ on the Sync Settings screen, your mobile device will automatically sync with the selected sync server every time your mobile device joins your Wi-Fi network.

Manual Sync

To manually sync media, go to the Menu page and press the Sync button. Then, press the Sync button for a desired media type.

You’ll see a progress bar appear. Keep in mind that it takes about 10 seconds to sync a song over Wi-Fi, so be patient if you’ve selected a folder with a lot of media.

To sync all media types at once, just click the Sync All button at the top.

Finding Synced Media

By default, you can find synced media on your mobile device here:

Music - Twonky Sync/Music
Photos - DCIM
Videos - Twonky Sync/Videos

By default, you can find synced media on your computer here:

Music - My Music\Twonky\Sync
Photos - My Pictures\Twonky\Sync
Videos - My Videos\Twonky\Sync

Changing Your Mobile Sync Folders

1. Press the menu button and click on Sync.
2. Select ‘Sync Settings’
3. Select ’Configure Music Sync’
4. Select ’Edit sync location’
5. Select a folder for each media type that you want to sync by clicking on it and pressing the Select button. Synched files will be placed here. It is not recommended that you select the top level (or root) of your SD card for this.
6. Repeat steps 4 through 6 for photos and video if you plan to sync them as well.

How This Feature Differs from TwonkyCopy

- Works with any type of file, not just media files
- Automatic sync offered in addition to manual copying of files
- Goes beyond file copying by keeping folders on different devices synchronized
- Syncs all media at once or by specific media type (e.g. music only)
- Ideal for backing up mobile photos and videos to a computer or NAS
- Syncs with a specific music folder on computer to avoid overloading mobile device
- Compatible with non-Twonky WebDAV servers
- Automatically launches and runs in the background as a separate application
- Automatically discovers sync-compatible TwonkyServer on a Wi-Fi network (no need to manually enter server IP address)

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: TwonkyServer 6.0.36 is now available for download!

Post by Twonky_Rick » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:45 pm

As I'm sure you've noticed, the 6.0.36 builds of TwonkyServer Mac and Linux have not yet been posted on the download page. Some last minute issues related to the new WebDAV server we're discovered that need to be resolved. We'll post both to the download page ASAP.

Sorry for the delay.

- Rick

buribu
AV Hardware:ASUS WLHDD with Twonky 4.4.18, Iomega Home Media Network Hard Drive Cloud Edition with Twonky 6.0.34
Clients: NOXON Audio 2, NOXON iRadio, Philips Streamium SL 400i, Sony Bravia KDL46EX505

Post by buribu » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:28 pm

Hello,

may I ask, when we can download the Version 6.0.36 for NAS? I'm waiting for the new features for better support of Sony Bravia TV.

buribu

hanblo
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-219

Post by hanblo » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:57 am

Hello,
excuse a forum and Twonky newbie.
I'm presently running Twonky 5.1.6 on my Qnap TS-219. How do I upgrade? Via Qnap or via you?

Regards
Hans

Bascy
AV Hardware:ReadyNas DUO - Two Android Phones

Post by Bascy » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:12 pm

buribu wrote:Hello,

may I ask, when we can download the Version 6.0.36 for NAS? I'm waiting for the new features for better support of Sony Bravia TV.

buribu
+1 ... anxiously waiting so i can switch back form ReadyDLNA to twonky again

Rolf
AV Hardware:QNAP TS112, Twonkey Server 6.0.34, Sony Bravia TV HX825

Post by Rolf » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:24 pm

+1

I'm also desperately waiting for the Linux NAS version of 6.0.36 to be able to view my AVI files on my Sony Bravia.

Thanks
Rolf

jrn
AV Hardware:Qnap TS-219+
TX-NR708

MiME type not supported

Post by jrn » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:07 pm

[quote="TMM_Product_Manager"]As I'm sure you've noticed, the 6.0.36 builds of TwonkyServer Mac and Linux have not yet been posted on the download page. Some last minute issues related to the new WebDAV server we're discovered that need to be resolved. We'll post both to the download page ASAP.

Sorry for the delay.

- Rick[/quote]

Hello!
I am also waiting for the 6.0,36 for Linux! I have NOT been able to use Twonky Mobile for my Android. It will not play my FLAC files on my Onkyo TX-NR708 network receiver. Error msg: MIME Type not supported!

I think I have read that this issue will be resolved on the promised release! Am I wrong or not?

Please inform!

Jan R

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:11 pm

It's coming. I'll send another nastygram now to the group who posts those files. I'm sorry it's taken this long. :(

The good news is that we'll be posting 6.0.37, which contains additional fixes.

- Rick

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:22 am

Also keen to try out 6.0.37 NAS (Kirkwood).
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

pcfe
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-439 Pro
Fedora 12 x86_64
PS3

Post by pcfe » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 pm

TMM_Product_Manager wrote:As I'm sure you've noticed, the 6.0.36 builds of TwonkyServer Mac and Linux have not yet been posted on the download page. Some last minute issues related to the new WebDAV server we're discovered that need to be resolved. We'll post both to the download page ASAP.

Sorry for the delay.
Not to worry, these things happen and I'd much rather you delayed a release because of a discovered issue than push it out to meet a marketing date (like some other companies tend to do).