Metadata missiong on Twonky's NAS

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Fidelio
AV Hardware:Qnap 412 TS. Plan to buy a naim ndx
Metadata missiong on Twonky's NAS

Post by Fidelio » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:51 pm

I own a Qnap turbo Nas 412 TS with the lattest version of Twonky.
I am planning to buy a Naim NDX player installed on a wired network for listening to music.

My problem is when I rip my CDs with dbpoweramp both in wav and in flac, the metadata do not appear on the remote server through Twonky although they appear on the Windows 7 files manager when I do the same operation on my local computer HDD.

This is quite embarrassing because I will not be able to select the music once my collection will be completed.

Can anyone help me on that matter ?

Gilles

NB: sorry if the question has already been addressed on the forum, I didn't see anything equivalent.

Fidelio
AV Hardware:Qnap 412 TS. Plan to buy a naim ndx

Re: Metadata missiong on Twonky's NAS

Post by Fidelio » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:19 am

I am rather disappointed that no answer was given to my request. It seems that I am not the only Twonky user to have this problem : http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=1 ... 7&p=242275
Can any senior member or Twonky team member help on this issue ...

Thanks, Gilles :|

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:47 pm

Some ripping software appends ID3 tags to FLAC or WAV files, but many clients do not support this. This is not a server issue. It is a client/player issue.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

ijabz
AV Hardware:Windows 8.1, Sonos

Post by ijabz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:29 pm

Can you clarify the current status of Wav metadata support please. When Twonky server scans the metadata does it read metadata from the original LISTINFo chunk, the ID3 chunk or both, and are there any limitations?