Using aggregation

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Deljones
AV Hardware:Samsung tv
Qnap 212 nas
Using aggregation

Post by Deljones » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:59 am

Hi all

First of all I'm new to Twonky media. I have it up and running and working well. Second I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I want to try and understand aggregation.... And the setting up of it....

My current understanding is that if you have say two servers, they will show as two separate servers when looking at your media. Aggregation unifies this into one ,,,?

My question is this. Do I have to have aggregation switched on on both servers or just the one?

I think what I'm saying is, does any one have a good idiots guide to using aggregation when there is two servers and friend walk into the room with devices to share their stuff

Many thanks

Del

cykelsmeden
AV Hardware:WD-NAS & W7 as TWONKYserver
sony 40w5500 as primary client
Philips MCI500 as secondary client
Medion Internetradio - not working DLNA yet ;(

Re: Using aggregation

Post by cykelsmeden » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:09 pm

Deljones wrote:Hi all

First of all I'm new to Twonky media. I have it up and running and working well. Second I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I want to try and understand aggregation.... And the setting up of it....

My current understanding is that if you have say two servers, they will show as two separate servers when looking at your media. Aggregation unifies this into one ,,,?

My question is this. Do I have to have aggregation switched on on both servers or just the one?

I think what I'm saying is, does any one have a good idiots guide to using aggregation when there is two servers and friend walk into the room with devices to share their stuff

Many thanks

Del
Not being an expert on Twonky, I might be wrong, but to my expierience NO.
Thats because I found, that turning on Agg. on my Twonky, it offered by default to aggregate a Philips Streamium and a Medion Radio, none of them knowing anything of aggregation!

//finn