WebDAV on Twonky Server 6.0.38 on Kirkwood

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
bos99
AV Hardware:SheevaPlug
WebDAV on Twonky Server 6.0.38 on Kirkwood

Post by bos99 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:37 am

Hello

I am using a Sheevaplug (similar to GuruPlug) which is a non i386 archtitecture with installed Debian Lenny on it.
Additional I am using Twonky Server 6.0.38 from here http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/6.0.38/ (last link).

Can anyone help me with setting up WebDAV Server on my machine in order to use the "Sync" Function of Twonky Mobile on Android??? :wink: :wink:

Is is possible on a non i386? What do I have to do.. :?: :?: :?:

Many Thanks,

Regards,
Marco

bos99

Re: WebDAV on Twonky Server 6.0.38 on Kirkwood

Post by bos99 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:51 pm

no one?

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Dec 20, 2011 6:06 pm

There are some pretty good instructions in the Twonky Mobile Help file. Let me know if you cannot find them.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

bos99

Post by bos99 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:05 pm

yes please
thx

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:47 pm

Q: Can Twonky Mobile Sync file with my computer?

A: Yes. You can configure wireless syncing the first time you launch this software, or set it up later by following the steps below:

Configuring Sync Settings
In most cases, the factory defaults for the sync folders on your mobile device will work without any need for configuration.

By default, synced photos are found in the DCIM folder on your SD card. Synced music and videos are found in the Twonky Sync folder on your SD Card. To change the default sync folders on your mobile device, follow the steps below under Changing Your Mobile Sync Folders.

Selecting a Sync Server
Before you can sync your media, you need to install a compatible sync server on your computer and select this as your sync server.
Compatible sync servers include: TwonkyServer 6.0.36 (or later), TwonkyManager 2.0.7 (or later) or other WebDAV server software.

1. Launch Twonky Mobile
2. Press the menu button and click on Sync.
3. Select \'Sync Settings\'
4. Select \'Configure Music Sync\'
5. Touch \'Choose sync location\' and select the remote server and folder you want to use for synching. You\'ll see a spinning circle while we scan your network for supported servers. Make sure you\'ve installed one of the compatible sync servers listed above.
6. Press the OK button to continue, unless you have previously set a username and password for this server. By default no username or password has been set.
7. To change the default sync option select one of the following three options:

a. Full sync – This syncs files in both directions. Files added to either sync folder, will be copied to the sync folder on your other device.
b. Copy files from this device to server – This only syncs in one direction, from this device to your other device.
c. Copy server files to this device – This only syncs in one direction, from the other device to this device.

To automatically sync all items, press the back button and check \'Allow Auto-Sync when in home network\' which is described below.

8. Press the Back button and repeat steps 5 through 8 for photos and video if you plan to sync them as well.
9. When you\'re finished press the Back button until you\'ve returned to your media.

Note: The syncing feature is a non-deleting sync. This means that it will not delete the files on your server if you delete them on your device. Alternatively, if you delete or move files from your sync folders on your server, those files will not be deleted from your device the next time you sync.

Automatic Sync
If you\'ve checked \'Allow Auto-Sync when in home network\' on the Sync Settings screen, your mobile device will automatically sync with your selected sync server every time your mobile device joins your Wi-Fi network.

Manual Sync
To manually sync media, go to the Menu page and press the Sync button. Then, press the Sync button for a desired media type.

You’ll see a progress bar appear. Keep in mind that it takes about 10 seconds to sync a song over Wi-Fi, so be patient if you\'ve selected a folder with a lot of media.

To sync all media types at once, just click the Sync All button at the top.

Finding Synced Media
By default, you can find synced media on your mobile device here:

Music - Twonky Sync\\Music
Photos - DCIM
Videos - Twonky Sync\\Videos

By default, you can find synced media on your computer here:

Music - My Music\\Twonky\\Sync
Photos - My Pictures\\Twonky\\Sync
Videos - My Videos\\Twonky\\Sync

Changing Your Mobile Sync Folders
1. Press the menu button and click on Sync.
2. Select \'Sync Settings\'
3. Select \'Configure Music Sync\'
4. Select \'Edit sync location\'
5. Select a folder for each media type that you want to sync by clicking on it and pressing the Select button. Synched files will be placed here. It is not recommended that you select the top level (or root) of your SD card for this.
6. Repeat steps 4 through 6 for photos and video if you plan to sync them as well.
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

bos99

Post by bos99 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:12 am

Thanks, but I think you missunderstood me.

Because of Kirkwood system I cannot install the WebDAV server inside of the Twonky 6 Server package.

So, this is not an issue of the client (e.g. Twonky Mobile). It is because I cannot install it.

Thank you

Marco

AV Hardware:Sheevaplug with TwonkyMedia server

Post by 505 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:48 am

Maybe you could try it with a different webdav server. Webdav is webdav, so which product offers the server implementation shouldn't really matter. Most web server can support webdav. If you need a lightweight one, try lighttpd. If you're running Debian or Ubuntu, it is pretty easy to set up. Just install the package 'lighttpd-mod-webdav'. After that you need to do some manual configuration, but there are enough sites that explain how to do that.

I haven't tested it with twonky, so no idea if it will work or not. Let us know if you succeed.
Get nice thumbnails in Twonky with tw-video-scraper plugin