6.0.38 Not seeing all files.

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Flipflop
AV Hardware:Samsung LE46B750 TV
Buffalo Linkstation Live 1TB running Twonky 4.4.8
6.0.38 Not seeing all files.

Post by Flipflop » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:02 pm

I've got a bizarre problem where suddenly my server is not seeing certain files and directories.

I'm currently running 6.0.38 on a LS-CHL NAS, I've run version 6.*.* for sometime now without any issues at all. All of a sudden Twonky is not indexing certain files and directories, it's video files that I have noticed but it could also be other media. The files and directories exist, I've confirmed this via my Network and also via Telnet, they just do not show up in Twonky, whether being viewed via an external DLNA device such as my Samusung TV or via the built in Media Viewer within the configuration pages.

I've tried rebuilding the database several times, I've moved and/or renamed the affected file(s), I've checked and compared ownership and permissions via Telnet and see nothing different from those on files that Twonky can see and those it can not, I've removed my music files from the index to reduce the total number of files being indexed by a massive 80% in case it was due to a limit there. None of these things have fixed it.

Does anyone have any suggestions, it's driving me crazy :S

TIA

parnott
AV Hardware:Twonky, WDTV Live, XBMC (Linux & Windows)

Re: 6.0.38 Not seeing all files.

Post by parnott » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:22 pm

More information needed-

What types of files (container and codec) can you not see?

What are the paths (from the root directory) that you have configured Twonky to scan?

What are the paths (from the root directory) of the files you cannot see?

Are the files that you cannot see, in a directory in which you can see other files?

jasmin18
AV Hardware:WD My Book Life
Samsung TV
Sony Tablet S

Post by jasmin18 » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:33 pm

I had a similar issue with my WD My book life. I could not see my video files: neither on my TV nor on the YourServer:9000/webbrowse page. After clicking "rebuid database" the counter would stay at 0.

In my case it helped to set the file permissions for all files in the video folder to 755 (chmod -R 755 *).

Flipflop
AV Hardware:Samsung LE46B750 TV
Buffalo Linkstation Live 1TB running Twonky 4.4.8

Post by Flipflop » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:22 pm

Hmmm, Mediainfo'd 2 of the missing files and the reported format (in both cases Matroska) does not match the file extensions one was a .avi and the other .mp4 changing both of these to .mkv has made them show up in the Twonky Media Browser, I'm not sure why they have the wrong extensions but it seems to have been the cause, thank you for the pointers.

Best Wishes

salvadorrichter
AV Hardware:Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL-V2C70
NAD C 446

Post by salvadorrichter » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi there,

I have similar problem.
I am running Buffalo Linkstation LS-CHL-V2C70 Firmware 1.56
I don`t know the version of twonky running there.
I used iTunes to import media files from CD.
All files encoded in mp3 were listed.
All files encoded wav or aif were not listed on my clients
I used NAD C446 and iPhone SmartStor Fusion Stream

Any suggestions appreciated

Salvador