Get Satisfaction Support Community

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
twonkycw
Get Satisfaction Support Community

Post by twonkycw » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Dear Twonky user,

In our on-going efforts to improve your experience with Twonky products, we are pleased to announce the launch of a new support community as a supplement to the Twonky Forum. The existing forum will continue to be available to you as a user-driven discussion space, while the new community will serve as a social knowledge base and our official channel for product support and feedback.

The Twonky Forum has served as a wonderful way for us to interact with users and we encourage you to still use it to communicate with other Twonky fans. Our new community, provided by Get Satisfaction, offers additional benefits, including the ability to vote for questions, problems and ideas to help us prioritize responses, improved organization and better search capabilities. We look forward to hearing from you. You can find the new support site here: http://community.twonky.com/

Thanks,
The Twonky Team

pcfe
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-439 Pro
Fedora 12 x86_64
PS3

Re: Get Satisfaction Support Community

Post by pcfe » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:42 pm

hmm, another "we need a new tool" instance.
questions:
- has all the contect from the old forum been transferred to the new tool?
- if yes can we please only have one URL/tool to check (while I really like TMS over other DLNA servers, there are only so many slices of my time I am willing to dedicate to my music serving software, I'd rather have a single place to look up)
- if no, when can we expect this to be completed?

I've seen many a company do this, itt is very very important to not split up the community into multiple parts. Most recent and prominent example would be the complete fragmentation that happened with the attempt to move people from maemo.org to meego.com when the OS changend name in one major relese increment. That did not go too well and these days one has to check 3 to 4 sites to find the input of all the people with a good community standing. I'd hate to see this happen to twonky.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:42 pm

Thanks for the feedback. Although it wasn't my idea to create the new forum, I think of it as a dynamic FAQ for typical consumers. Sure you can post there as well, but I think this forum is better for highly-technical users. This forum is also run mostly by people who don't work for PV/Twonky. The other forum is a PV-run forum. If no-one sees any value to keep this forum around, we can talk about shutting it down.

There are no plans that I'm aware of to migrate the old forum posts into the new system. Obviously there will be some exceptions with things like recommended device lists. But don't worry, we don't expect users to check both places. Any important announcements will be posted in both places.

I will continue to check this forum as often as possible and log bugs for issues which are reported here. It's up to you, which forum you use.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

twonkycw

Post by twonkycw » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Hello pcfe,

We appreciate the feedback and understand that users don't want two tools to do the same thing. I agree with Rick that the Twonky Forum is a great space for our very technical people to interact with one another. For tracking issues and feature requests, however, Get Satisfaction provides our support team, product managers and marketing team with many more options. We will be able to integrate Get Satisfaction with our Facebook page, we can identify the most common topics and we can segment topics into suggestions, bugs, questions and praise. We have a lot of our official communication, including product FAQs, in Get Satisfaction already, but we will not transfer threads started here to Get Satisfaction.

My recommendation for you is to use Get Satisfaction when you want to directly communicate with the Twonky team, if you want to find answers to more common problems or questions or if you discover something about Twonky that you want to share with the broader Twonky community. The Twonky Forum will continue to exist for our technical users to share their experiences with Twonky. While we will continue to monitor the Twonky Forum to some degree, it is not the place to go when you want to interact with Twonky employees. To stay up to date on Twonky news, such as when we push out updates, I recommend following us at http://twitter.com/twonky or liking us on http://facebook.com/twonky.

Best regards,
Cindy
Twonky Marketing

riethmueller
AV Hardware:Twonky on XP + separate fileserver
Synology DS508
Roku M400
Roku M1000; 2xRoku 1001
Pure Sensia
Pure Evoke
Philips WAC7000
Philips WAS7000
Phillips WAK3300

Post by riethmueller » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:45 pm

twonkycw wrote: To stay up to date on Twonky news, such as when we push out updates, I recommend following us at http://twitter.com/twonky or liking us on http://facebook.com/twonky.

Best regards,
Cindy
Twonky Marketing
It's a pitty that usefull things like this forum are dying with the lack of support. Companies are in the way of reducing her support effort and shift it into the communities. In my age I'm not interesting any more in strip of myself in facebook or twitter. Not every new bubble on the horizon is a good one. It is good for you to support in that, because you need to reach a special group of customers, but on the other hand it is usefull to have stability in the supportfunctions which are in a steady state.
My credo is very simple, if you need to support in new waves it is necessary to support the steady one until they are not needed any more and that is one I can't see at that time here.

With best regards
Tom
Twonky Server (6.0.38) on XP + separate fileserver (Synology DS508); Roku M400; Roku M1000; 2xRoku 1001; Pure Sensia; Pure Evoke; Philips WAC7000; Philips WAS7000; Phillips WAK3300

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:26 am

I don't think this forum is dying.

- People continue to come here and post.
- Twonky users continue to help each other.
- I'm still answering questions here.

I do think Get Satisfaction will provide the best level of support in the future, but I still see this forum as a good resource.

- Rick

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:53 am

I can an understand the business need/want to move to the new support community system
that is officialy supported by twonky

However...

There are a lot of people that have been a part of this forum for a long time
(BTW I consider myself a new comer)
And have contributed lots of time and knowledege to it
It would be a shame to not port over at least some of that info

In not doing so, in any way shape of form,
is going to make the new community users ask questions that have known answers
and have to go through the same frustrations that caused that info to get put here in this forum

I can also understand the clean slate mentality of starting fresh with the community
and building it based on what people ask
The problem with that is the manuals for twonky prodcuts are very very very limited
on what is actually possible with the product (for good reason in some cases ex: navtree editing)

I just hope that the new community doesnt go the way of google wave, to the grave it went
and I hope that the support from twonky in the new community is all there and not half there
not that rick hasn't done an oustanding job of doing his part here these forums
I just hope that we get a more direct pipeline to answers and requests in that community
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:15 am

The goal of the new forum is to improve support. We talked about the pros and cons of trying to port some of this forum over to Get Satisfaction and came to the conclusion that didn't really make sense to do so. Get Satisfaction is more dynamic in the way it works and it's organized very differently than this forum (e.g. Popular Ideas, Common Problems, etc.).

I personally prefer a more traditional forum like this one, but I can see where Get Satisfaction might be much better for a typical consumer.

IMHO: Choice is good.

- Rick

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:32 pm

In addition to my previous post:

I still understand the need for the other site
But my skepticism of it seems to be warrented
From my point of view I have made over 20+ posts
The first one was over 10 days ago,
and I didnt get a single reply from a Twonky employee, nada!

My point is that if you read the below quotes from both sites
It is made to sound like there would be more interaction with twonky, Rick is still the face of Twonky
as the amount of interaction on the new site is less than when compared to this site
which shouldnt be with the amount of employees that are registered with the other site
Message from Twonky
Hi! Welcome to the official Twonky support community. It's a great place to find answers, get help and give feedback. Twonky employees and other Twonky users are available to you here. Official support hours are Monday through Friday. Please provide as much detail regarding application versions, operating systems and devices as possible to help us answer your questions faster. Please use private messages for any information you would not want to be public, such as account information.

Dear Twonky user,
In our on-going efforts to improve your experience with Twonky products, we are pleased to announce the launch of a new support community as a supplement to the Twonky Forum. The existing forum will continue to be available to you as a user-driven discussion space, while the new community will serve as a social knowledge base and our official channel for product support and feedback. For more information on this service, please read our expanded forum posting on this topic.
Thanks,
The Twonky Team
Im just saying if a company is going to say something, they had better stick to it,
or the back lash is something they are not going to be able to handle
I hope this is taken constructively and not subjectively by all
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

Twonky_Rick

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:10 pm

Thanks for letting me know about this.

- Rick