Audio Transcoding Questions

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
yromj
AV Hardware:Samsung LN46D6000 TV, Sony BDP-S480 BD Player, Yamaha RX-V867 AVR, Dish ViP 722 and 922 DVRs.
Audio Transcoding Questions

Post by yromj » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:05 pm

I am running 6.0.38 on a QNap TS-119PII NAS. When I go into the "Transcoding" options, the only checkbox which is greyed out is the option to transcode audio to MP3 (the only audo format available). How do I enable this feature? I would prefer to transcode the music to either LPCM or wav but right now I'll settle for MP3.

Thanks,

John

michel-rose
AV Hardware:Sony Bravia w5500, Linn DS, Qnap with twonky

Re: Audio Transcoding Questions

Post by michel-rose » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:43 am

Hi John,

Last weeks i have been busy trying to get transcoding to work.
My aim was to transcode flac to wav so i could play music through my Sony Bravia TV into my pre amp.
It appears that the main problem is that the flac files do not appear on the tv and therefore i cannot start transcoding.
However i tested transcoding with Twonky version 6.0.38 on a QNap TS-219P NAS using the Windows Media Player 12.
Make sure you select twonky as a library.
WMP12 shows flac files but is not able to play them. If you select a flac file twonky recognises that wmp is not able to play flac and transcodes to wav. i think it does it without changing any settings. If it does not work, you could look in the twonky logfile to see what has happened.

Be sure your media renderer is able to show your source file.
When i write transcoding, i mean on the fly...

Good luck, Kind regards Michel