Problems with Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503 & PS3 - TS 6.0.38

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
helicon9
AV Hardware:WD Mybook World, Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503, Sony PS3
Problems with Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503 & PS3 - TS 6.0.38

Post by helicon9 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:58 am

Hi,
I have a MyBook World (whitelight) which was running Twonky Server 5.1.9.
I had no problems playing any of my files using my PS3, but my Sony Bravia would play MPG's but not AVI's (I believe these worked in ver 4.x though).

I upgraded the MyBook to Twonky Server 6.0.38 manually (using the mss2 version) because I wanted to view art/thumbnails on my videos on the ps3.

Since upgrading Twonky the PS3 still plays all my videos ok, but does not show any of my pictures or mp3's.
The Bravia also does not show any pics or mp3's. Just shows "There are no items to display."
Another thing with the Bravia, if the profile in Twonky settings is set to Sony Bravia all my video files now appear (mpg, avi, mkv) - however none of them play, I just get a black screen.
Changing the profile to a generic DLNA allows me to play mpg's but nothing else, and still no mp3's or pics are listed.

So Twonky 6.0.38 seems to have broken my pics & music access, and the Bravia profile doesn't work (I can use the generic dlna workaround to play mpg's but would be nice to be able to play my avi's).

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
James.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Problems with Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503 & PS3 - TS 6.0.38

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:27 am

I don't have a solution for you yet, but I did send your comments to our engineers and asked them to log this issue.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Problems with Sony Bravia KDL-40EX503 & PS3 - TS 6.0.38

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:10 am

Here is the response I received:
There are no known issues with music and picture support in 6.0.38. You may want to reinstall your server (or reset to defaults) and try again.

Regarding the Bravia profile: We introduced a change to the Bravia profile to allow playback of AVIs and some other video formats on the new 2011 Bravia models. The downside of this change is that on older Bravia TVs all these files first show up as playable, but then later on fail to play.
I don't think this is causing your issue, but it's something to be aware of.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/