MP3 "rating" tags - supported ?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
w8rn8r
MP3 "rating" tags - supported ?

Post by w8rn8r » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Version 2.49 of the mp3tag tool supports 3 variants of ratings: WMP, MM, WinAmp. I seem to recall that I came across a post from a while back stating that at that time, only iTunes type ratings were supported by Twonky Server. Does Twonky Server v6 support any of these MP3 tags ?

I tried with v4 and couldn't get any of these tags to show up under "Wertung".

If what I think I'm observing is correct, I am wondering, would it be possible to enable the server to look for additional tags via a dedicated config file that would be referenced from the main ini file ?

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: MP3 "rating" tags - supported ?

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:56 am

I think we support ratings entered in Media Monkey, Windows Media Player and TwonkyManager. There could be others as well, but those are the ones that come to mind.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/