Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray player hangs after last video for date

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
sba
AV Hardware:Server : TwonkyMedia 6.0.30 qkpg build running on QNAP TS-109II
Clients : Noxio Audio 1, Yamaha RX-V1067 AV receiver, Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray player
Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray player hangs after last video for date

Post by sba » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi folks,

I'm playing the videos created with my Sony HDR-SR11E HD camcorder and stored on my QNAP TS-109II NAS running TwonkyServer 6.0.34 on my Sony BDP-S580 blu-ray player.

I browse the videos with a "by date" view and start playing all videos for a given date.

After the last video for a given day has been played, the player hangs: I have to power-cycle it, the front panel and remote control are equally non-responsive even to the "power" button.

Is there anything I can do (log) on the TwonkyServer side to investigate what the problem could be -- maybe knowing what TwonkyServer last sends to the player before the hang could help?

I will also try contacting Sony but I fear they will just pretend this is not a supported configuration...

Is there a "test DNLA video renderer" available for Windows I could use as the DMR instead of the Sony, in order to find out if Sony's the culprit?

TIA for any help.

Stéphane.