Twonky and Samsung TV disconnected

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
olopeich
AV Hardware:samsung UE6530
Twonky and Samsung TV disconnected

Post by olopeich » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi all!

First of all sorry my poor english :)

I am a newbie user and recently I downloaded the last version of Twonky Server. Since then I'm getting some weird and ramdomly disconnections with Samsung UA6530 LED TV. I tried with other dlna server like Mezzo and they worked flawlessly on this TV; also Twonky Server seems to work well with other dlna compliant devices (wd live tv) so I've discarded network problems

I'm with a 1 Gbit wired network, no IP conflicts and Twonky Server is on Windows 7 64 bits.

In the case of Samsung the dlna server disappears from the list and go back some minutes later. It takes about one minute and the Twonky Server is gone. I don't play any media at all, simply the server suddenly vanishes and samsung reports a message like "device disconnected please check the cable etc...".

Could you help me please? is it a kind of well-known bug or something like that?

Laters

buckoo
AV Hardware:thecus 4200
going too samsung hdtv

Re: Twonky and Samsung TV disconnected

Post by buckoo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:51 pm

bump

i have the same issue i am running twonky on thecus n4200 & it disconnects. every once & awhile

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Twonky and Samsung TV disconnected

Post by Twonky_Rick » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:10 am

I'm not trying to push the buck but it seems unlikely to me that this is a Twonky issue. Most of the time issues like this are network or client/player-related.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/