MP101 and internet radio

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
wand106
AV Hardware:Netgear MP101
MP101 and internet radio

Post by wand106 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:44 am

Hi All, had an MP101 for ages, and used to use it with the original free twonky server version. This did not have the luxury of shoutcast and handpicked radio etc, but I did get it working with my own favourite stations by uploading a m3u file. I cannot get this to work with the new twonky though, it says 'file not found' when I click on the entry, most shoutcast stations play fine though, and some of my favourites are there like SwissGroove, but others EG Bay Radio are not listed for some reason, and will not play even though they are the same type of server (shoutcast) and stream (MP3) with the M3u file anyone had this issue? The M3U will play if I select the station from the Twonky Media browser, so it might be a MP101 specific issue, but if you have 2 MP3 streams one that plays fine and one that doesn't, there must be something missing somewhere.
Can you add a station to the handpicked or shoutcast listing?
The other problem I have got is that sometime when I go to listen to internet radio, for the first time in the morning none are listed, this is on the MP101 and on the media browser on Twonky as well. The only way to get the to list is to cycle the twonky service, anyone seen this?
I'm using the lastest version downloaded 2 weeks ago and have 2 weeks left of the trial, if I can resolve these issues I am going to buy a license as once playing all works well.

Thanks

Wayne

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: MP101 and internet radio

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:02 am

The M3U will play if I select the station from the Twonky Media browser, so it might be a MP101 specific issue, but if you have 2 MP3 streams one that plays fine and one that doesn't, there must be something missing somewhere.
I agree it sounds like a MP101-related issue if it's working on the browser page.

All of the feeds we use for this are SHOUTcast-based. It's not unusual for stations to come and go.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

wand106

Post by wand106 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:41 pm

[quote="TMM_Product_Manager"] [quote]
All of the feeds we use for this are SHOUTcast-based. It's not unusual for stations to come and go.

- Rick[/quote]

Hi Rick, All of the stations dissapear until you restart the twonky server, I'm guessing thats not normal. Understand that individual stations come and go, but thats not the same as the whole directory disappearing.

Wayne

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:45 am

Agreed. Did you try rebuilding your database. That might force an update.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

wand106

Post by wand106 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:44 am

Hi Rick,
Last few days the directory has behaved itself, so that is ok. I have been doing more investigation, on the difference between selecting a shoutcast station, and selecting a radio station .m3u which I have uploaded. When I listen to the shoutcast station, twonky simply streams the Mp3 to the player, verified by going to a browser and selecting save. When I select one of my M3u's twonky simply serves the m3u and does not stream the station. Anyway to force Twonky to stream the station (which MP101 does seem to like) rather than simply serving the M3u (which Mp101 doesn't like)

2 days of trial left so I have 2 days left to get this working.

Regards

Wayne