There is no playable file

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
ghazim
AV Hardware:sony bdp-bx57
There is no playable file

Post by ghazim » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:33 am

Hello.
I have a Sony BDP-BX57 Blu Ray player. I an see my WD Mybook drive through the TM server and can actually play audio files just fine. But when I go to video it says "There is no playable file" I have verfied that I have an AVI file and a MOV file and both can be displayed on my pc through the Twonky Media Browser. Any idea why I can't play them though my Blu Ray? Again, audio files are working just fine, but no video.

Thanks in advance.

Gus

DaemonBeetle
AV Hardware:Plex Media Server, Samsung Smart TV (2009 and 2013)

Re: There is no playable file

Post by DaemonBeetle » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:19 pm

It will be that the BDP-BX57 doesn't support your file types. You may find that an updated firmware helps, though it may be that it only supports certain file types (certainly mine is quite happy with MP4 files, but won't play MKV files).
No longer running Twonky

fpsystems
AV Hardware:Sony Bluray player BDP-BX57
Windows 7 PC
HTC Thunderbolt Android Phone

Post by fpsystems » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:25 am

I have the same player (BDP-BX57) and had the same problem - but figured out the solution.
In the Sony's Menu - there are 3 different icons for Photo / Music / Video listed.
You have to make sure that you select the right Icon first BEFORE you select the
Twonky Server from which you want to play that media.
So if you want to play Music you must first select the Music Icon in the BDP menu
and then under that scroll to the Media Server you want to connect to - and then
browse to the Music folder to play it. If you try to play music files while any of the
other icons on the BDP is selected (photo or video) you will get the error message :
No playable file found. Similarly to display photos - first select the Photo Icon
and then browse to the Photo folder on your media server.
Hope that helps - let me know if it worked.

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:39 pm

@fpsystems

I cant count the number of times I have done that on the ps3 =)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497