Random frozen MKV's with Oppo Bdp93 and MyBook Live

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
jgcamil
AV Hardware:MacBook Pro 2.6 ghz, 4GB RAM
Random frozen MKV's with Oppo Bdp93 and MyBook Live

Post by jgcamil » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:34 am

Hi,

I'm having some issues with Twonky 6.0.39, MyBook live 3tb and Oppo bdp93.

Sometimes, my MKV'S freeze at the first minute or two, sending exiting me back to the oppos browser.
Strangely, the same file plays PERfECTLY on a Jailbroken apple tv 2 running xbmc via wireless.

The Oppo and the MyBookLive are connected via Ethernet though an apple extreme router while the apple tv 2 is connected via wireless.

Any ideas?

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: Random frozen MKV's with Oppo Bdp93 and MyBook Live

Post by Twonky_Rick » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:02 pm

1. If you try to stream HD video over wireless you're very likely to experience problems like this. Those problems should go away after 802.11ac networks are available.
2. Some devices work much better with MKV files than others. I'm not surprised Apple TV would work better than other devices on this.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

jgcamil
AV Hardware:MacBook Pro 2.6 ghz, 4GB RAM

Re: Random frozen MKV's with Oppo Bdp93 and MyBook Live

Post by jgcamil » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:26 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
-I was streaming the same files / formats from my macbookpro without any issues with Eye Connect
- the mbl, Oppo and the rest of the equipment are connected via Ethernet, not wifi
- when I do stream from my mybookpro is on a 5ghz 802.11 n network. Only "n" devices are allowed, no a,b,c or g
- again, the same file streams perfectly wirelessly to my apple tv 2, no hiccups or playback shutdown

All this leads me to believe there is an issue with the Oppo bdp 93 and Twonky...

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Regards