samsung tv audio not supported

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
xianx
AV Hardware:synology, qnap, samsung le40b650, windows7, twonkyserver, twonkybeam
samsung tv audio not supported

Post by xianx » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:29 am

Hi all,

when stream mkv file from twonky server tot samsung tv, i get the error audio not supported.
video plays well but without the audio.

i check the mkv container and find out that de audio codec used is "vorbis codec".

so i enable the "mp3 transcoding" in twonky server and hoped the vorbis audio format will transcode to mp3 during streaming.
but this is not working.

can sombody show me "if its even possible" to transcode the vorbis audio in to mp3 or somthing else playable, so i can stream the mkv file from the twonky server to the samsung tv.

i'm using twonky server 6.39 and twonky server 7 special.

anyone a suggestion

thanks

DaemonBeetle
AV Hardware:Plex Media Server, Samsung Smart TV (2009 and 2013)

Re: samsung tv audio not supported

Post by DaemonBeetle » Sat May 05, 2012 8:59 am

I use AAC in MKV files with my Samsung (2009) and it is quite happy. MP4 however seems to need MP3.

You'll need to transcode your media permanently using either the likes of Handbrake to translate the entire file or the MKVunix toolchain to extract the audio, transcode it using the tool of your choice and then re-integrate the new audio track. The latter approach will keep the video quality, and will be quicker but require more work.
No longer running Twonky