XIOS & Twonky work together?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
mLaFw5
AV Hardware:mybooklive, bdp-s370
XIOS & Twonky work together?

Post by mLaFw5 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:35 am

will a XIOS or AIOS stream from the Twonky server on the WD MBL?

i have a WD MBL and i'm looking to get a XIOS or AIOS media center.

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Re: XIOS & Twonky work together?

Post by Twonky_Rick » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:27 pm

I don't believe we've done any testing with either of these products -- although both look very cool.

Since their XIOS series runs Android, that is probably the easiest way to get started -- as long as they will allow you to access the Google Play market. We aren't allowed to distribute APKs at this time.

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

mLaFw5
AV Hardware:mybooklive, bdp-s370

Re: XIOS & Twonky work together?

Post by mLaFw5 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:17 am

thanks @Rick

yeah, the Android version certainly looks appealing. i'm leaning strongly to ordering one of these!

i'm hoping it will work with the MBL device that has your server for streaming from it.

i trashed the sony bdp-s320, just didn't want to cooperate at all and someone from sony's website suggested the xios or aios. cool!!