Where does the Autocopy store files?

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
bcrown
AV Hardware:Buffalo Lnkstation
Where does the Autocopy store files?

Post by bcrown » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:29 pm

I feel stupid having to ask this but I must be missing something.

I have a Buffalo Linkstation which came with a version of Twonky Media Server. which I set up to aggregate (autocopy) from several places in my network. The server seemed to pick up thousands of photos from a security camera I have and I would like to delete them form the server. However, I can not find the files.

Can someone point me to how I get access and what the actual directories would be to find these files. The only files available in the setup do not seem to have the media files stored anywhere.

Thanks for any help,

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Re: Where does the Autocopy store files?

Post by phibertron » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:07 am

depending on which version of twonky server one of more the following settings will tell you where
they are located in the twonkyserver.ini, to find out what a setting is set to, you can use an rpc call

for example:
here is an example to find out what "uploadmusicdir" is set to
just use this url in a browser, and it will return the value of the setting
(x.x.x.x is the ip of your nas, :9000 is the usual port of the server)

Code: Select all

http://x.x.x.x:9000/rpc/get_option?uploadmusicdir
# directory where uploaded songs are stored, if not specified server will use default name based on servermanagedmusicdir property
uploadmusicdir=

# directory where uploaded pictures are stored, if not specified server will use default name based on servermanagedpicturedir property
uploadpicturedir=

# directory where uploaded videos are stored, if not specified server will use default name based on servermanagedvideodir property
uploadvideodir=
# directory where server store mirrored songs, if not specified server will use default name based on servermanagedmusicdir property
mirroredmusicdir=

# directory where server store mirrored photos, if not specified server will use default name based on servermanagedpicturedir property
mirroredpicturedir=

# directory where server mirrored videos, if not specified server will use default name based on servermanagedvideodir property
mirroredvideodir=
# directory where server managed music folders are stored, like uploaded and mirrored songs, subfolder names are created based on strings from language files
servermanagedmusicdir=

# directory where server managed picture folders are stored, like uploaded and mirrored photos, subfolder names are created based on strings from language files
servermanagedpicturedir=

# directory where server managed video folders are stored, like uploaded and mirrored videos, subfolder names are created based on strings from language files
servermanagedvideodir=
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

bcrown
AV Hardware:Buffalo Lnkstation

Post by bcrown » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:35 am

Thanks so much. Now I know where they are (/mnt/array1/spool/mediaserver) I just need to figure out how to get access to them.

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:46 am

Your Welcome
To do that, you will most likely need to enable SSH on the nas
Then use either WinSCP or Putty, to connect to it
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497