Incompatibility with sony BD player S590

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
sbonneau
AV Hardware:sony bdp-s590
WD mycloud
NAS DLINK ShareCenter
IPAD IPHONE
Incompatibility with sony BD player S590

Post by sbonneau » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:50 pm

Hello,

I've just bought a WD Mycloud for streaming on my Sony Blue-Ray disc Player S590.
All my movies (mp4, mov, mkv, avi , etc...) and jpg photos were prefectly displayed when usb directly plugged on my sony BD.
After having copied all my movies files on the WD mycloud, my sony BDP was browsing those same files as "mpeg" only with error message at each read tries..equal for photos.

After many ingestigations, i found that my sony bdp is recognised by twonky media server (built-in Wd mycloud) as a Sony BR Disc Player and by switching with Sony AV Receiver, it worked perfectly , and browsed all files with correct extensions.

This parameters is set into twonky server at this address http://wdmycloud:9000/#sharing
Pb is that after each reset list of connected devices or DLNA reboot, the default value is set again to sony BR disc player and cause the problem again.

Is someone knows how can it be fixed or is there something to do with the XML configuration file of the "Sony BR Disc Player" ? This file is part of media receiver database of twonky server , and is stored in /usr/local/twonkymedia-7/resources/devicedb/Sony.

File is reacheable by activating SSH Server on WDmycloud and using ssh client as WinSCP.

2 Support case are opened at Sony Support and WD support..

Many thanks for help and reply..
Stephane

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Re: Incompatibility with sony BD player S590

Post by phibertron » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:57 pm

One would expect that if one manually chose a client profile that it would stick, but nope...
that hasn't worked since 7.2.x

normally I would say to turn on logging and see what "HttpRecognition" or "DeviceDescriptionRecognition" is noted in the logs,
so that one could modify or create a custom client xml file,
however, since ver 7.2.x, I have never been able to get logging work the way it should

so plan B it is

Connect to the NAS using SSH, with either WinSCP or Putty, I prefer WinSCP for its text editing abilities

In the device db folder for client xml files for sony, /usr/local/twonkymedia-7/resources/devicedb/Sony

rename "Sony_Blu-Ray_Player.xml" to "Sony_Blu-Ray_Player.txt"

double click on "Sony_AV_Receiver.xml" which will open it for editing

Change these section in it

Code: Select all

<DeviceDescriptionRecognition>
			<DescriptionText>STR-DA5600ES</DescriptionText>
		</DeviceDescriptionRecognition>
		<HttpRecognition>
			<HttpText>STR-DA5600ES</HttpText>
		</HttpRecognition>
To this

Code: Select all