Upgrade to Twonky 7.3 (Linux) - can't browse m3u files

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Robert_S
AV Hardware:Gentoo Linux AMD64
Denon ASD-3W
Upgrade to Twonky 7.3 (Linux) - can't browse m3u files

Post by Robert_S » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:35 am

I have upgraded Twonky from 7.2.6 to 7.3 (Linux). In most ways this is much better than the previous version but I'm not able to browse radio stations (.m3u) in my clients - that's the Twonky web client, Win Media Player and Twonky Beam on Android. These stations were previously browseable under Music -> Playlists. I have the playlists in /mnt/lvm/music/Internet radio and I've got the following in my config.

contentdir=+M|/mnt/lvm/music/mp3,+m|/mnt/lvm/photos,+M|/mnt/lvm/music/Internet radio

How can I browse these stations?

andrehj
AV Hardware:QNAP TS119P-II NAS
Sony CMT-G2BNiP radio (DLNA / Airplay client)
Yamaha RX-S600D radio (DLNA / Airplay client)

Re: Upgrade to Twonky 7.3 (Linux) - can't browse m3u files

Post by andrehj » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:20 pm

I have exactly this problem with Twonky 8.1.1.0 which is installed on my QNAP nas as a QPKG package: m3u files with only internet-radio stations in them are simply ignored, and when I include an internet-radio station in a normal m3u playlist (which contained references to mp3 files), this internet radio station link is simply left out.
What's going on?

Twonky-Rene

Re: Upgrade to Twonky 7.3 (Linux) - can't browse m3u files

Post by Twonky-Rene » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:44 am

Hi!

While this is thread necromancy, we have done some improvements to the handling of playlists. Please have a look at the latest Twonky (8.2).

You can download a package for your QNAP device from http://www.twonkyforum.com/downloads/8.2/. Look at the bottom for QNAP QPKG packages.