Navigation Tree Help

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
ht354
Navigation Tree Help

Post by ht354 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:22 pm

I want to take better control of my library of music so that things are easier to find. I have 79,ooo mp3's spread over 600GB. Many of the tracks belong to albums with various artists, which inevitably make the menus and searching the Twonky menus very difficcult.

I would like to be able to choose from the list of Genres, then
I would like to choose from Artists broken down by groups of three letters such as ABC, or XYZ
The kicker is that if I choose "A", the next screen should allow you to further refine the choice of Artists by allowing you to choose from grouped lett such as "HIJKLMNOP" so that I could Choose Albert Collins, and then the next set of choises would be a list of "Albert Collins" albums.

I would like to turn this ""Genre/Artist,%GENRE,%ARTIST,%ALBUM" into something that is reflective off the following;

Genre->(3)Artist ->(8)Artist -> Album

So that it looks or acts like the following;
Genre
Accapella
Acid Jazz
Blues
Contemporary . . .
[b]Choose "Blues"[/b]
ABC -> Choose "A" [A] - ABCDEFGH
[A] - HIJKLMNOP Choose ->"L"
[A] - QRSTUVWXYZ
Choose -> "Albert Collins"
CHoose Album "Kings and Queens"
Jeff G potts

as400jockey

%ALBUMARTIST

Post by as400jockey » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:21 pm

I have a similar request, if anyone knows how to do this.

Santana, for example, plays with lots of artists. So, sorting by %ARTIST, "%ALBUM will split up his albums across multiple 'artists'.

I'd like to be able to set up a tree with ALBUMARTIST, so that I can look for SANTANA and play the entire album.

I used to be able to do this by going to folders, but sometimes various software that's 'helping' me will move things around on disk.

Thanks!

McDotter

Better tree structure needed

Post by McDotter » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:26 pm

Hi

I have 13000 titles in my archive and want to have a more detailed tree structure. I want to sort them first by first letter of the title, then by second, 3rd, ...:

Title
A
B
C
D->select D
DA
DB
DC
DD
DE -> select DE
Destiny Child
Dead or Alive