RSS Video Feeds for PSP

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Game2Freak
RSS Video Feeds for PSP

Post by Game2Freak » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:23 pm

Now the 2.81 psp firmware supports rss video streames, will the twonky media support this like they have done with the music, by creating the http://127.0.0.1:9000/rss menu?

Or is another way to view these vidios that I dont know of?

Cheers
Ben.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Wed Nov 01, 2006 9:30 pm

Unless I am mistaken, the PSP only supports RSS Video DOWNLOADS, not RSS Video Streaming.,,,

Big DIfference...
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

FlintZA

Post by FlintZA » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:56 am

That may be so, but SOME way to access movies and pictures would be nice. The MediaLibrary.html page cannot be viewed in the PSP (not on mine anyway, I get a javascript error) and if it was just possible to view links to the videos/pictures on a webpage then they would be downloadable to the PSP-which would still be useful.
Tversity does exactly this and it works beautifully. Any chance of this being added in the near future?

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:44 pm

Try the latest 4.4 beta, the mediabrowser has changed significantly, and may now work with PSP...
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

FlintZA

Post by FlintZA » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:21 am

Thanks, is that on all platforms?
I'll try it out and post back about it :)

flynn

Post by flynn » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:33 pm

i've viewed the webbrowse pages, served from 4.4 beta 4, on my PSP and I don't get any errors.

I'm still trying to figure out how PSP users use a twonky server... neither this nor the RSS feed thing really make sense to me as good solutions.

The best way I've found is to use the Remote Play feature of a PS3 which is connected to a twonky server (now if only RemotePlay didn't blank out the video/audio of the host PS3...).

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:28 pm

Currently, the PSP support is limited. I hope they add UPnP client on PSP, like they did for PS3. Then you could make full use of TwonkyVision

FlintZA

Post by FlintZA » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:03 am

Well, I use the RSS solution quite successfully at home (with Twonky) and at home (with Tversion) for music. I usually just use the genre mix, but I have a couple of preferred winamp playlists as well. With Tversity I can also use custom streams (not limited to shoutcast.. hint hint to the Twonky guys ;) )

For images, the web based solution is great for the PSP for easy viewing, and for movies, I decide what I want to watch, download it (quick over the WLAN) and watch.

FlintZA

Post by FlintZA » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:27 am

Excuse the double post :)

I just tried the 4.4 beta on my windows system at work. While I can now open the media page (http://[IP]:9000/webbrowse) on my PSP without Javascript errors, the only link that is 'clickable' is the home image. The other three links don't provide a link, and once moused-over disappear.

mgillespie- UPnP support on the PSP would be awesome, but then how are they going to convince people to buy LocationFree players? Oh wait, nobody buys them anyway :p