my cloud shares resetting twonky

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
jimmyjamesh
AV Hardware:wd mycloud
my cloud shares resetting twonky

Post by jimmyjamesh » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:43 pm

Hi

my wdmcloud backs up to a public folder which means the music folder is buried quite deep
P:\WD SmartWare.swstor\JAMES\Volume.ec572f21.1ebf.4370.a57f.c6eeb8375f52\Users\James\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music

Through twonky I share the public folders for itunes music, photos and videos, however I am trying to ignore a sepperate folder with all my dj music in it

Everytime mycloud reboots all the shares I set up get reset and it is a pain resetrting up a couple of times a week

I share the following folders each time through twonky
P:\WD SmartWare.swstor\JAMES\Volume.ec572f21.1ebf.4370.a57f.c6eeb8375f52\Users\James\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music
P:\WD SmartWare.swstor\JAMES\Volume.ec572f21.1ebf.4370.a57f.c6eeb8375f52\Users\James\Videos
P:\WD SmartWare.swstor\JAMES\Volume.ec572f21.1ebf.4370.a57f.c6eeb8375f52\Users\James\Pictures
P:\WD SmartWare.swstor\JAMES\Volume.ec572f21.1ebf.4370.a57f.c6eeb8375f52\Users\James\SkyDrive

I have tried telling twonky to ignore directories TRAKTORMUSIC, VINYLRIPS but this doesnt seem to work

I have also tried setting TRAKTORMUSIC, VINYLRIPS to compilation folders

Any other ideas to stop this constantly resetting or how to ignore the above 2 folders please?

Thanks, James

bcormel
AV Hardware:(3) Samsung BD E5700 Smart BluRay Players
(1) Samsung Start LED TV
(6) WD MyCloud 4tB c/w Twonky 7.2.9
(2) WD My Book Live 3tB c/w Twonky 8.2.0
(also) Various pc's, android boxes, smart phones

Re: my cloud shares resetting twonky

Post by bcormel » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Hi;
I don't know if you ever resolved this, but, the resetting of the folders is being done by Western Digital, not by Twonky. it is resetting the folders on startup. It will constantly recreate \Shared Music, \Shared Videos, \Shared pictures. There was a way in the MyBook series to stop it from doing that but I have yet to find it in the MyCloud. IN the MyBook it was done using: mv /usr/local/sbin/writeTwonkyContentDir.sh /usr/local/sbin/writeTwonkyContentDir.sh.old
"writeTwonkyContentDir.sh" was responsible in the MyBook to recreate the default folders and reset the folder structure you create in Twonky

If you place your files somewhere under the default folder naming structure your issue should be gone. (mainly I think)

I didn't feel like doing that. But, my MyClouds are running on a UPS, so, power down never happens. A mechanical solution to a software problem.
I hope this points you in the right direction for a possible solution.
Cheers.