New Feature Requests

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Dolly
AV Hardware:PS3
Re: New Feature Requests

Post by Dolly » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:42 pm

What? TwonkyVision doesn't support mkv ? :shock:

DJans

Post by DJans » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:57 am

Dolly wrote:What? TwonkyVision doesn't support mkv ? :shock:
Correct. :(

hardsoft
AV Hardware:TV: Philips 37PF9830 FullHD
Digi SetTopBox: Procaster PVR6300T
HD-DVD: Toshiba HD-E1
BluRay: Sony PS3
Speakers: 2 x Yamaha Soavo 1
Sub: Yamaha YST-SW1500
Amplifier: Yamaha A-S2000
Headphones: Sennheiser HDR-130
NAS-1: Qnap TS-209PRO 2 x 500 GT RAID
NAS-2: WD MyBook World 500 GT HTPC: Acer iDEA510
HDMI-selector 3 > 1: AVS
Gigabit switch: D-link DGS-1005
Access Point: Linksys WET54G
AV-furniture: Vogel's DTV-110

Post by hardsoft » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:45 am

EXIF-support !

For some reason the EXIF-support of digital photos still have an annoying missing features. As TwonkyVision Server should be MEDIA SERVER and digital photos are one of most used MEDIA, there sould be a perfect support for EXIF-data. It's really annoying that TwonkyVision Server doesn't even turn images in correct angle by checking if they are landscape or potrait. It shouldn't be any miracle to program it to TwonkyVision Server as many simple products already support EXIF. Does the programming team have any time schedule for it?

(This is the case at least in TwonkyVision Server 4.4.5. used in Linux based QNAP TS-209PRO NAS)

TwonkyVision Server 4.4.5. goes offline !?

In QNAP TS-209PRO NAS the TwonkyVision Server 4.4.5. stops broadcasting as NAS harddrives go standby and all clients lose connection to server. I'm not exactly sure if this is a problem of TwonkyVision Server 4.4.5. or QNAP TS-209PRO NAS platform - maybe the programming team would advice me!

Dirktru
AV Hardware:Pinnacle showcenter 200, Philips Streamium WAS7500, CH3SNAS

Post by Dirktru » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:09 pm

The possibility when you stop a movie, you can restart on a other time from where you last stopped; the software of my Pinnacle showcenter does do that.
The possibility to mark certain divx movies with codecs your client doesn't support, when marked in the software the movie is transcoded to a movie with a supported codec (possibility to choose from codec list or client list)

thx

tana
AV Hardware:Qnap TS-109â…¡

Support for DTCP-IP

Post by tana » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:56 am

It would be very nice if Twonkymedia Server is compliant with the latest DLNA(version 1.5) / DTCP-IP standards
like this software used in this product.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/09/io-d ... gza-hdtvs/

Technane
AV Hardware:Windoze Server 2008 serving to PS3 all i need!

Post by Technane » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:55 pm

Viewing Thumbnails of served Video on PS3 as seen using Windows Media Player Network

fukkes
AV Hardware:XBOX XBMC, ROKU SOUNDBRIDGE 1001

Store Song Rating (Star-Rating) in seperate File

Post by fukkes » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:42 pm

Hi there!

In my digital home I use different music-clients. Exp. XBOX1, Roku Soundbridge. All working fine with Twonky.
I need a feature that twonky can handle the given song rating by device.

I am looking for a solution how all devices can read and give song ratings.

Is it possible to access the tm media-database extern via a tool like sqllite?

Thanks for you great work!
FuKKes

skuggan
AV Hardware:mybookworld + ps3

Post by skuggan » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:24 pm

This is actually a badass media-server, i can understand why .mkv is such a pain in the ass.. but srsly, subtitles? loads and loads of other software does this with no problems at all, and the only one iv'e paied $$ for don't?

Since ps3 nowadays got subs support, why not implement it in twonky?

gerho08
AV Hardware:- QNAP TS 109 pro II incl. twonky media server
- PS 3 (=Media player)

FLAC with twonky on PS3...

Post by gerho08 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:20 pm

..would be great thing for me!!!

vanphil

Re: Cross fading as a New Feature Request

Post by vanphil » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:26 pm

Hi there, :wink:

I already used "twonky" with a syno NAS ds101j on it. My clients are 2 soundbridge models (the soundbridge homemusic & the soundbridge radio).
Everything's fine when I pick-up one of my playlists located in the syno. :D

I have also a mp3 player iRiver H10(5 Go) running with the open source firmware "rockbox" installed on it. This open source firmware added a very cool feature named "cross fading".

Using this "cool" feature is like listening to a radio, there is no blank between the songs.

Do you think that is possible to add this feature to run under the twonky solution ? :?:

Thanks in advance. :|

gerho08
AV Hardware:- QNAP TS 109 pro II incl. twonky media server
- PS 3 (=Media player)

Post by gerho08 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:21 pm

a very simple thing would be nice: visible tracking of scan-progress...at the moment you have to push the "i" button in order to get info about the scan progress..and there is no message like: scan complete...or am i wrong?

Schlitz

Post by Schlitz » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:04 pm

I would like to have the possibility to resume playback of an MP3 file at the position that I last stopped playback.

Of course ths is not needed for songs, but I like to have it for longer MP3 files like audio books etc.

Or does this feature have to be implemented in the Upnp Client device ?
If yes, does anyone know which Upnp Client do support this ?

Midtveit
AV Hardware:Itouch, D-Link NAS, Mac,
Windows Vista64 (server)

Post by Midtveit » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:46 am

Hi

Itunes connect to adobe photoshop elements,
why can not Twonky read the tags and collections of Adobe elements?

Support for windows gallery only is very suprising.

Regards
KNut

antigon01

Post by antigon01 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:33 am

I use twonky media server for both training purposes and entertainment for about twenty users.

It would be helpful to log which users had watched the training videos required.

Is this possible now or could t easily be implemented?

Many Thanks

asheiner

Custon Navigation Tree in TMS 5.x

Post by asheiner » Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:07 pm

I'd really like to see the possibility to create my own navigation tree in Twonky Media Server 5.x

It's a great feature and really keeps me away from upgrading my 4.4.11

Cheers
Andreas

spe
AV Hardware:Synology 207+ NAS
Popcornhour A100
Hauppage MVP

Re: Custon Navigation Tree in TMS 5.x

Post by spe » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:20 pm

asheiner wrote:I'd really like to see the possibility to create my own navigation tree in Twonky Media Server 5.x

Cheers
Andreas
Me too!

spe
AV Hardware:Synology 207+ NAS
Popcornhour A100
Hauppage MVP

Post by spe » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:22 pm

DJans wrote:
Dolly wrote:What? TwonkyVision doesn't support mkv ? :shock:
Correct. :(
Wrong: It supports .mkv files in 4.4.6 upwards. Don't know about v5 though.

sonic

Crossfading / Custom Navigation Tree in TMS 5.x

Post by sonic » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:45 pm

vanphil wrote:Hi there, :wink:

I already used "twonky" with a syno NAS ds101j on it. My clients are 2 soundbridge models (the soundbridge homemusic & the soundbridge radio).
Everything's fine when I pick-up one of my playlists located in the syno. :D

I have also a mp3 player iRiver H10(5 Go) running with the open source firmware "rockbox" installed on it. This open source firmware added a very cool feature named "cross fading".

Using this "cool" feature is like listening to a radio, there is no blank between the songs.

Do you think that is possible to add this feature to run under the twonky solution ? :?:

Thanks in advance. :|
Yep! Would be a great feature to have. I have seen this done on other apps, like Winamp , you can get a plug-in to do this.

spe wrote:
asheiner wrote:I'd really like to see the possibility to create my own navigation tree in Twonky Media Server 5.x

Cheers
Andreas
Me too!
And me!

Briain
AV Hardware:Linn Klimax DS
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:32 pm

Me too, the configurable music tree is what makes TMS so usable compared to others; it is a USP for Twonky and should be kept at all costs! I use the albumartist tag and I also use the ABC=x feature, neither of which are present in the TMS5 default trees. Without the ABC=x feature, browsing albums would attempt to load the entire list and thus makes it impossible to show artwork on a UPnP control point.

Also, for people who don't use the albumartist tag for all albums, and that have a lot of compilations, the TMS4 facility to separate compilation albums container is required to 'hide' contributing artists from the artists list. I no longer need this as I've retagged my entire collection to enable me to use albumartist instead of artist, however, I doubt many people will have done that so think this feature should be brought over to TMS5.

To clarify the above, my albumartist list is 600 but my artist list is way over 5000. If you want to find Pink Floyd under artist/album, you have a list of 5000 artists to load and scroll through, with albumartist/album it's only 600; much more useful! For those not wishing to retag their collection, hiding contributing artists by having a separate compilations container is another way to keep the artist list down to a navigable size.

NB For more information on albumartist tagging, see my post here

Bri

Briain
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi

1. The ability to set the scanner priority to stop it hogging all resources (and making a NAS inacessable during the scan)
2. The ability to prevent it rescanning whenever you restart the server and thus also when you restart the NAS (or boot up your PC on a PC based installation)

Bri

tobias

Re: Custon Navigation Tree in TMS 5.x

Post by tobias » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:30 am

Cheers
Andreas
Same here. I still cannot believe that this featute was "dropped" (was it?). Why? For simplciity of the configuration? Then please invest in an "expert mode". It is a very necessary feature.
- tobias

Briain
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:05 am

Hi

A document about setting custom trees in TMS5 has been published on the forum. It looks like the tree can be customised to whatever you wish (far more than before) and you can have several (even tie certain trees to certain applications if I'm reading it correctly). I'm about to give it a go and see how it all works.

All that said, it's going to be a bit complex for some so maybe PV should have designed a tree generator which writes the xml file for people?

Bri

bordt

RAW Support

Post by bordt » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:56 pm

Hello,
most of my images are RAW files. Therefore I would very much appreciate a support for RAW image files.

Regards
Martin
Martin Bordt

edrikk

Post by edrikk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi,

I have two features which I would like to request:

[*] Ability to keep track of which Videos have been "previously viewed." Either on a global scale or per device. This "virtual tag" can then be used to group the videos into "Viewed" vs. "No Viewed". A setting stating "set to Viewed if X% of video is viewed" would be optimal.
[*] I use Twonky to stream Videos to the PS3. I mainly have MP4s which allow for full tagging, and therefore items are "properly" sorted on the PS3. However, .avi/.divx files are always at the "top" of the sorted list. I believe this is because either the "title" or "album" tag is left blank. It would be great if these two values would be populated with at least the name of the file.

p17blo
AV Hardware:Apple iMac 24", Acer Easystore, Apple airport express x 3, Medialink, Samsung DLNA TV, PS3, XBOX 360 , Time Machine 1TB.

Post by p17blo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 9:02 pm

Can we have support for BBC iplayer? (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/)

Paul

SnailUK
AV Hardware:NSLU2 with Twonky 4.0.x
XBOX 360

Post by SnailUK » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:24 am

A working uninstaller!!!

As a newbie, i've been playing with various versions, to see which is most stable, an has all the features i need.

As such i've run the existing uninstaller (for the Linksys NSLU2) a couple of times, and i was amazed that nothing seemed to have been removed.

Briain
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:55 am

Hi

I've noticed that when there are several Vorbis comments, TMS5 only picks the last in the list. As an example, entering the following into Mp3tag's genre field Classical\\Chamber Music\\Piano would create three genre tags as per the below:

GENRE: Classical
GENRE=Chamber Music
GENRE=Piano

(The above are are shown when running the Tag.exe command line tool; the first being separated by a colon and the rest by an equals sign)

TMS5 picks up the last tag in the list (i.e. Piano) but ignores the others. I was wondering if it could be made to pick up several tags without it causing problems with the database. This would mean that the track appears under Classical (along with all other classical albums) but would also appear under both Chamber Music and Piano.

The same request could be applied to the composer and artist tags; many of these have multiple entries (on AMG and Freedb) which thus create several Vorbis comments.

Bri

sonic

Standardize titles

Post by sonic » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:36 am

Another feature that I believed to have been useful and dropped with the Twonky Server 5.0, is the “Standardize titles” feature, that was available in version 4. To remind you all, I’ll use an example. The Beatles would be listed as: Beatles, The. This makes more sense to me so that you can search using index searching for “B”, for Beatles.

Sonic

Briain
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi

I questioned this a wee while ago and my understanding is that a change request has already been logged to fix the 'The' issue.

Bri

Kaisser74
AV Hardware:W.D. 1 Tera White Label + XBOX 360

Post by Kaisser74 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:51 am

I will like to be able to see cover arts in xbox 360, simply.

Thanks!

RG1
AV Hardware:Philips Streamium WAC 7500
Philips Streamium WAS 7500
Philips Streamium WAC 6050
Philips Streamium NP 2900

Post by RG1 » Sat May 02, 2009 2:02 am

I would like to have the unknown artist, unknown album display when playing mp3's on Philips devices like WAC 7500 and WAS 7500 fixed. Other servers out there don't have this problem (if they use numeric id's and parent id's). The fix in search feature for Philips NP 2x00 was really helpful. Hope this unknown artist, unknown album thingy can also be fixed.

jbjorgan

Post by jbjorgan » Thu May 21, 2009 7:33 pm

How 'bout year/artist/album in the browsing tree structure? Would be nice to be able to access the newest albums.

Midnight Rambler
AV Hardware:Klimax DS > FM Acoustics 245 Preamp > FM Acoustics 411 mk2 Poweramp > Magico Mini 2 Speakers
ReadyNAS Duo (upgraded to 1GB) running Twonky 4.4.11

Post by Midnight Rambler » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:44 pm

Expand the length of the RIFF LIST tag to greater than 249 bytes--1000 bytes would be more than enough.

TheToid
AV Hardware:Samsung LA32B650 television
PSP

Ability to view folder from root

Post by TheToid » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:44 pm

Hello,

I have a samsung TV which already has the option to view Photos, Music or Videos, but because of the way TwonkyMedia Server works and the way I have my media stored (ie. I have a Photos folder, a Music Folder and a Videos folder all in totally different locations) I have to add them all seperately, what I would like is to be able to select Photos on my television and not have to select Photos again and then Folders to browser my folder structure, i just want to be able to go ... Photos and then straight into one of the shared folders I have added to Twonky or something similar.

Oh yeah better support for video would be good .x264 and the like.

Also, on my samsung tv some videos cant be jumped forward and backward and some can, why is this? Can twonky media do something to fix this, its really annoying!

Thanks,
Toid

PeeBee
AV Hardware:Buffalo LS Pro; PS3; Samsung LE37B650

Re: Ability to view folder from root

Post by PeeBee » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:20 pm

TheToid wrote:Hello,

I have a samsung TV which already has the option to view Photos, Music or Videos, but because of the way TwonkyMedia Server works and the way I have my media stored (ie. I have a Photos folder, a Music Folder and a Videos folder all in totally different locations) I have to add them all seperately, what I would like is to be able to select Photos on my television and not have to select Photos again and then Folders to browser my folder structure, i just want to be able to go ... Photos and then straight into one of the shared folders I have added to Twonky or something similar.

Oh yeah better support for video would be good .x264 and the like.

Also, on my samsung tv some videos cant be jumped forward and backward and some can, why is this? Can twonky media do something to fix this, its really annoying!

Thanks,
Toid
I agree with Toid (I have a new Sammy TV as well!). Same goes for the PS3 as well - you have to go through the devices top level Photos/Music/Video menu and then have to choose from Twonky's top level Photos/Music/Video menu.

PB
Samsung LE37B650T2WXXU; Liteon 5055GDL+ HDD/DVD Recorder; Playstation 3; Iomega Screenplay HD 500GB; Buffalo Linkstation Pro LS-320GL (running Twonky 6.0.30, SqueezeBox Server 7.6 and acting as a Print Server)

TheToid
AV Hardware:Samsung LA32B650 television
PSP

Customisation of Tree View as in 4.4

Post by TheToid » Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:52 am

Another thing that I forgot to mention is a seperate utility that enables us to edit the XML view files, personally I HATE editing XML files, its messy prone to error and you have to restart the server everytime you make a change (which makes it really difficult when you are experimenting).

Just a little EXE (or browser page for other OSs) that allows us to at least customise it a little, I installed the 4.4 Trial of Twonky first and I loved the way you had the customise options in there for the tree views, then I went and bought 5 without checking the trial and I got caught out when I found out it didnt have the customize options (NOTE: I had to get 5 because 4.4 had a problem on my samsung tv with playing MP3s that had ID3v2 (not v2.3) tags. So that sucked, please add a customise option! :)

Briain
Linn Majik DS-I
Linn Sneaky DS
WDTV Live Hib
Sonos 80

Post by Briain » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:29 am

jbjorgan wrote:How 'bout year/artist/album in the browsing tree structure? Would be nice to be able to access the newest albums.
Hi

That's a great idea! I've put code into my latest trees which does as you have suggested!

http://www.twonkyforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 225#p24225

Bri :)

umgfoin
AV Hardware:Philips NP2900, NP2500, XBMC (OS X), Twonky 6.0.30, AVM Fritz!Box 7390

backport (4.4.x) composer- and albumartist parsing for m4a,

Post by umgfoin » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Please backport composer- and albumartist parsing for m4a, ogg & co. to version 4.4.x .
I'm willing to help with the implementation, if somebody can point me on infos/ examples about twonky 4 plugin-architecture etc.

steamhead

Post by steamhead » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:27 pm

Some new configuration directives are needed. The following files byebye, clients.data, db.info, twonkymedia-locations.db and twonkymedia-server.ini all get defined within the /var/twonkymedia directort and there is no keyword directive to move then elsewhere, unlike the database, cache, uploads etc.

On some boxes (Linkstations for example) the /var directory is wiped on reboot, so useless for any files that need to be persistent.

So perhaps byedir=, clientsdir= dbinfodir=, locationsdir= and inidir= could be added to the ini options to control these files, or make some of the follow the same location e.g. they could all follow the ini file.

Ideally I'd like to see a directive like vardir= which if not set defaults to /var/twonkymedia, otherwise it's content is used as the base for any file that would be stored somewhere in /var, assuming it hasn't already been specified by a specific directive.

e.g. dbdir=/mnt/mydb would send database to /mnt/mydb. If that was not set the vardir=/mnt/hda/twonkymedia would be used to prefix /db, making the location /mnt/hda/twonkymedia/db. Failing that the default of /var/twonkymedia would be added to /db to give /var/twonkymedia/db

dboling
AV Hardware:Not sure what I'm supposed to list here.
Server is my gateway/firewall/storage/web/mail and anything else server. It is running CentOS 5.? on a dell gx270. Primary drives are 2 250gig configured into raid 1 and 1 1TB seagate usb drive split between ext3 and winXP filesystems. 1 onboard ethernet and 4 internal etherrnet cards. 1 gig ram, Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz processor.
-------
The running network consists of 1 baystack 450T vlan into 30 sections.
port 1-3 direct to internet, port 3-6 connect to 2 dlink ABG wireless access points, port 7-24 connects the local lan.
-------
Clients can consist of just about anything, ie any flavor of windows, linux, apple, mac, sparc, ect....
-------
I used to own/operate a full service ISP totally by myself until 911 which should give you an Idea as to how complex my home network is.
-----

Post by dboling » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Would be nice to get the features back for xbox 360 that we had in version 4.x. internet radio, adding and changing password in the config section. I just installed version 5.0.68 on my CentOS 5.x server and I'm not seeing any difference from version 5.0.61 other than the version number.

steamhead

Post by steamhead » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:50 pm

I'm now really getting into the new xml trees, after a shaky start I'm getting some useful results. BUT it would be much nicer if I could, for any container, provide a template at to how generated items might appear (rather than the current detail of a straight dc:title).

For example, I can create a directive to split my music into decades like this...

Code: Select all

<container buildon='dc:date[1:3]' ...
But that leaves me with with a rather odd looking list of -

Which of course is the Seventies, Eighties, Nineties and Noughties, which I can get used to but if I could code something like...

<container buildon='dc:date[1:3]' item=' The {dc:date[1:3]}0s' ...
Where the brackets surround known properties of the item and the rest is literal, so you would get something like -
The 1970s
The 1980s
The 1990s
The 2000s

Which looks a lot nicer, and then for things like compilations, or parts of the tree where the Artist maybe isn't in context, i.e. a list of everything in a particular genre then you could do something like this...

<container item='{dc:title} - {upnp:artist}' ...
Then you could list tracks with the artist.

There's all sorts of things you could do with the ability to template the way the item appears that would make it so much better to look at things and (especially with title and artist), understand what tracks you are actually looking at, which is especially important in "- All -" lists.

misi
AV Hardware:Philips NP2500

Post by misi » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Is it possible to add Podcasts to TMS? I think about adding an url in the configuration and then there is a new folder Music->Podcasts->"Name of the Podcasts"->"Items of the podcasts".
TMS should update these casts once a day and can download the podcasts by request in a temporarly folder, so it doesn't need much free space on the harddrive.

The podcasts-file is normally a xml-file, which must be parsed by TMS. The found podcasts are usually mp3, this is also no problem.

jaak
AV Hardware:Dlink dsm520, dsm320, dell poweredge serveer

SUBTITLES

Post by jaak » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:10 am

I really like to add subtitle support for MKV AVI-s (HD).

Jaak
2,0 TeraByte Intel Atom 230 server; Popcorn Hour A-110; THX Onkyo TX-SR706 Hitatchi 1080HD;
My HD streaming blog; Dell sülearvutid;

Groovy
AV Hardware:Server: QNAP TS-219
Client: NP2500

Post by Groovy » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:28 pm

Hello all!

I have noticed that the twonky media server is not ID3v2 compliant!!
The standard says that in the TCON field more than one genre is allowed!
Than it looks like: TCON (11)(78)(0) (it means genres Oldies and Rock & Roll and Blues)

The media server ignores the last two genres!

An other problem is that if I have a genrelist like this:
Pop/Rock(13)
Than the media server takes the whole string an generates a new genre called Pop/Rock(13)
but it means: genre Pop/Rock and Pop!

Please fix this bugs, cause it is an important thing to give some songs more than one genre.

best regards
Erich

Pandora
AV Hardware:Ubuntu jaunty

Post by Pandora » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:16 am

I have a sister that seems to not want to put down her ipod touch, I believe it has streaming capiblity is there anyway to stream videos to it with twonky, I saw the facebook notice of streaming music and photos but I want video I'm just greedy like that lol

Groovy
AV Hardware:Server: QNAP TS-219
Client: NP2500

Post by Groovy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:44 am

gerho08 wrote:a very simple thing would be nice: visible tracking of scan-progress...at the moment you have to push the "i" button in order to get info about the scan progress..and there is no message like: scan complete...or am i wrong?
You are right! This would be a very nice feature! Especialy if you have a huge music library :-)

regards Erich

geogan

Post by geogan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:50 pm

The one thing that annoys me is the way it adds content from content paths in the media browser.
If I add the following folders to list:

d:\data\videos\jan\
containing a.mpg, b.mpg, c.mpg

d:\data\videos\feb\
containing d.mpg, e.mpg, f.mpg

d:\data\videos\mar\
containing g.mpg, h.mpg, i.mpg

then on the Video list of the client ALL the videos appear in the root list i.e.

a.mpg, b.mpg, c.mpg, d.mpg, e.mpg, f.mpg, g.mpg, h.mpg, i.mpg

I want the client to get the *parent folder name too* so the root folder of client just has:

jan, feb, mar

and the files are in their own folder.

I can't just add the parent to server ie. d:\data\videos\ because there may be other folders in it that I don't want to add.

Current system makes the root list on the client massive...

Thanks,
Gaven

GregorS
AV Hardware:Server: Win2k3
Clients: PSP3, XBMC, XBOX 360

Permission on a folder

Post by GregorS » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:55 pm

Is it possible to authorize only designated clients on a folder?

If not, this is a feature request...

Regards,

Gregor

robtrapp
AV Hardware:debian lenny x64

PS3 Thumbnail Preview

Post by robtrapp » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:38 pm

Hi Guys,

how about Thumbnail Preview of the medias?
A few days ago i was changing from mediatomb, to twonkyserver edition.

Now i was wundering me about the missing thumbnailing feature.
Pherhpas it will be possible to add animated thumbnails.

Best regards Robert

Jon
AV Hardware:Lacie Cinema Black Play

Post by Jon » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:33 pm

It would be nice when Twonky would support IFO and ISO files aswell at an new release...
Is it planned and when yes... when it wil be available?

Thanks