New Feature Requests

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
DaemonBeetle
AV Hardware:Plex Media Server, Samsung Smart TV (2009 and 2013)
Re: New Feature Requests

Post by DaemonBeetle » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:12 am

furynick wrote:It would be great if videos files can show a thumbnail
That works already. You may need ffmpeg installed and configured (see the guides on Transcoding), but it already works for me with Twonky v6.
No longer running Twonky

AV Hardware:Sheevaplug with TwonkyMedia server

Post by 505 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:21 am

DaemonBeetle wrote:
furynick wrote:It would be great if videos files can show a thumbnail
That works already. You may need ffmpeg installed and configured (see the guides on Transcoding), but it already works for me with Twonky v6.
Or have a look at a script (tw-video-scraper) I just released, to automatically retrieve screenshots and movie posters from the internet. A guide to setting up ffmpeg thumbnails can be found here, but obviously I like my script better :wink: because it produces more relevant thumbnails
Get nice thumbnails in Twonky with tw-video-scraper plugin

furynick
AV Hardware:Twonky server on Linux Debian Squeeze
Samsung BD-D8200

Post by furynick » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:27 pm

Great, I haven't read all documentation yet.
Many thanks.

cykelsmeden
AV Hardware:WD-NAS & W7 as TWONKYserver
sony 40w5500 as primary client
Philips MCI500 as secondary client
Medion Internetradio - not working DLNA yet ;(

Post by cykelsmeden » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:43 pm

As Internet Radio is yet not supported, I take that Internet TV i a way ahead :)

However it would be really awsome to be able to play a youtube video-playlist on my TV.

greetings

//finn

michel-rose
AV Hardware:Sony Bravia w5500, Linn DS, Qnap with twonky

Post by michel-rose » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Dear Twonky,
Feature: Adapt file name/extension to transcoding target type.

When transcoding files from flac to wav for example, Twonky should present the file type differently.
On the fly transcoding can only start when the file is selected on the client. When the client is not showing the source file (because some clients filter on file extension) there is no way to start transcoding.

For example: When for the sony bravia transcoding on the fly for flac to wav is selected, Twonky should present all *.flac files as *.wav in order to have them listed on the client. Then when one of the listed files (*.wav) is selected transcoding is started and the stream is send to the Bravia.

Please let me know what you think.
Kind regards Michel

Twonky_Rick
AV Hardware:Samsung 650 Series TV (2010), 4.5TB HP MediaSmart server with 100,000 songs, 5) AT&T U-Verse STB, CE form-factor Media Center PC and 6 other networked PCs running TwonkyManager, 2 Sonos ZP80, Sonos S5 speaker, Apple TV (running XBMC), Roku Soundbridge, X-Box 360, Sony PS3, Kodak 10" Wireless Photo Frame, iPhone with PlugPlayer software, Sonos CR-100.

Post by Twonky_Rick » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:04 pm

I've passed your feedback onto the people who do transcoding for us. :D

- Rick
Follow me on Twitter! mostlytech1
Checkout my blog: http://mostly-tech.com/

abgestumpft
AV Hardware:Qnap TS419p+ (Twonky Server 6.0.34)
HTC Desire HD (Twonky Mobile 2.1)
WD TV Live (FW 1.06.15)

Post by abgestumpft » Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi,
I think it's still not possible with 6.0.38:
it should be possible to enter multiple Artists (e.g. like it already works with Genres).

E.g.
Artist1,Artist2 in the mp3 Artist tag will lead in Twonky tree to:
Artist1
Artist2

bgsmith
AV Hardware:Onkyo 1008
WD Media Live Hub
Samsung TV
Samsung BluRay

Post by bgsmith » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:36 pm

+1 for configurable blacklist. /srv is where I would like to place media to be served by TwonkyServer.

Brad

nickangel85
AV Hardware:Our cleaning method will give you the most thorough [url=http://www.therugbeater.com/carpet-cleaning/#carpet-cleaning]carpet cleaning[/url] ever, plus protect your family's health. You will feel completely overjoyed with your beautiful looking, soft, fresh smelling carpet!

Post by nickangel85 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:26 am

I hope it will be supported very soon. It's the only way the Twonky software will ever be considered a decent media player. The issues comes from the fact Twonky was originated in germany that does not need subs really as everything is dubbed. Once started international sales the demand became higher and higher...

walteroa
AV Hardware:Dlink DNS320 running FunPlug

New Feature Requests: server auto update

Post by walteroa » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Could be great if under config tab, we can have an "update" option, that downloads the latest server files & let us chose whenever to install (auto/manual).
Now, all manual is pain in the a..... :?

walteroa

hans99
AV Hardware:QNAP TS-110

New Feature Requests: Hierarchical keywords with jpg's

Post by hans99 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Hello Twonky-Team,

more and more image programs allow hierarchical keywords of image collections, i.e

friends->smith->ben
friends->smith->mary
holiday->2011-> hawaii

It would be nice to reflect such a structure in the keyword navtree.
Proposal (for the above example perhaps using XP keywords property): "/friends/smith/ben;/friends/smith/mary;/holiday/2011/hawaii"

For the XML NavTree language there would be a mixture of "buildon=res" and "buildon=pv:av:Keywords" necessary.

I hope I have made me clear, english is not my native language.

gregorv
AV Hardware:Fritz!Box

Post by gregorv » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:19 am

Add the ability to create additional media types.
E.g. audiobooks need completely different NAV trees (e.g.author instead of artist), details (e.g. description) and functions (e.g. stikt order, never shuffle) compared to music albums. Also the genre type are very different (e.g. 'EasyListening' makes no sense for audiobooks, 'Crime' makes no sense for music) Currently I need to work with multiple Twonky instances.

Also a developer documentation would be very usefull. (Creating NAV trees, changing appearance on the WEB page and in DNLA clients..., probably someone can create this from the forum posts - e.g. phibertron's posts are extremly usefull)

phibertron
AV Hardware:Hardware
========
WHS - HP Ex495
PS3
XBOX 360
iTouch - Gen 2 and Gen 3
PSP - 3000

Encoders
========
Handbrake
x264
ffmpeg
mencoder

Tagging
======
mp3tag

Post by phibertron » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:42 pm

Your best bet is to also post this on the community site
as they might not be looking here as much

http://community.twonky.com/twonky
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10627
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9353
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9408
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9416
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9424
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9364
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9497

ronster
AV Hardware:Server: Asus M5A97 / Phenom II X6 1045T
Twonkyserver 8.2

Media Clients: WDTV Live; PlugPlayer for iOS; Foobar2000 w/UPnP Browser.

Segregated Categories or Archives

Post by ronster » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:11 pm

Some of my CD's are aging, and I've come across a couple that succumb to bit rot. To preserve my collection, I've re-ripped my entire collection to Flac. Side benefit is I have an archive of high quality files along side my mp3 archive. Downside, I have duplicates of many albums.

It would be nice if I could index these files, either as a separate server listing [ie. for HQ content], or a segregated category within the database that would not blend the listings of both archives [ie flac files indexed in a separate category (or listing) from all the rest]

I could see such a feature handy for parents who do not want "juniors" content mixed with their own, or spouses who have opposing interest [ie. Anne Murry vs Anthrax].

maultby
AV Hardware:dell pc - twonky server 8.3 and bubbleupnp
samsumg galaxy smartphone
samsung led tvs

Nav Tree by Shared Folder

Post by maultby » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:58 pm

Hi
My video library is structured into 3D Movies, Movies, TV Shows.
I've used playlists (wpl) to separate 3D Movies and Movies and this works fine.
My TV Shows has a deep folder structure and consequently I need that folder structure to show when browsing TV Shows. To use playlists for this would require that I rename all the video files and any embedded titles to have their folders prefixed which would be tedious with 900 files. A nice solution would be to be able to assign a NavTree to a Shared Folder (with the option to show file-name instead of embedded title when By Folder is the Nav Tree type)? Alternatively an option within a playlist to show the file names referenced by their Folders?
Can either be done with current TwonkyServer 8.3? if not can this be added to the wish list?
Thanks
Jeff

mazzara
AV Hardware:Raspberry Pi, Linux servers

Post by mazzara » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:37 pm

HI,

I have been using Twonky for some time now. Recently, my network topology changed so that I'm using multiple subsets (i.e., 10.0.1.0, 10.0.2.0, 10.0.3.0...) - some of which are connect via OpenVPN tunnels. Without forwarding multicast traffic between these networks, it would be great if it was possible to use the existing REST API to pass ipaddress locations to my TwonkyServer of devices that can render content such as AppleTVs, Xboxs (EX: 10.0.1.100:9000/nmc/rpc/add_renderer?renderer="10.0.3.45"&static=True). This could proactively initiate a conversations between the devices and create a uuid profile for that device in twonky's db so that I can Beam to them at a later date using the REST API Beam functionality. As it stands, these devices are not discoverable by Twonky, so, in some cases, I'm using 3rd party apps and remote exposure (10.0.1.100:9100) to pass locally via upnp which is less secure for me. If there is another way that I'm unaware of of getting them cataloged as Twonky renderers without going through multicast discovery please let me know.

Thanks! Michael

Empirical Audio
AV Hardware:Interchange UPnP DLAN endpoint, Raspberry Pi with Grender option, Sonos

Post by Empirical Audio » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:33 pm

A setting in audio playback options that disables and bypasses the volume control, guaranteeing that no data or offset is changed on playback. An indicator can show MAX VOLUME to insure that the user is aware.

If this feature were in Twonky, it would be unique in the industry and add another compelling reason for audiophiles to use Twonky.

Steve N.
Empirical Audio

minidaul
AV Hardware:qnap x86

Post by minidaul » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:17 am

Please Support for <ruby> tags in subtitles.

https://jats.nlm.nih.gov/archiving/tag- ... /ruby.html

I'll attach a screenshot of how that text is supposed to look like.

Code: Select all

<ruby>Your elysium will decorate black and white<rt>Ihr Elysium Kro:net Schwarzweiss</rt></ruby>