Wii-Support

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
ostwestfale
Wii-Support

Post by ostwestfale » Sat May 26, 2007 7:20 pm

It would be great if Nintendo Wii could be used as Client.
There are already solutions, streaming content to the via and it can be used via the integrated Opera Browser. Twonky Media shows up, and it is possible to select a song, but the it stucks, because Twonky expects a mediaplayer available on the client.

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client
1x PS3 Slim 500GB Audio/Video UPnP client.
1x Sony VGF-CP1 Wireless Photoframe.

Post by mgillespie » Sat May 26, 2007 7:22 pm

Talk to Nintendo.. I somehow doubt it however, as Wii does not even play DVD's and is basically a Gamecube in a new box...
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

Sianth

Post by Sianth » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:05 pm

1. Look at this topic
2. Do it
3. You now have access to your MP# collection on your wii

It works, it's cool :D

Sianth

Post by Sianth » Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:07 pm

Sorry... Try this:
1. Look at this topic - http://www.twonkyvision.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3092

hantla
AV Hardware:Phillips Streamium Network Player
Windows Vista 64-bit

Re: Wii-Support

Post by hantla » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:08 pm

link is dead

mgillespie
AV Hardware:TwonkyMedia AV UPnP Mediaserver (Marvell Kirkwood ARM Sheevaplug with Debian Squeeze).
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:14 pm

If you got the Opera browser, can't you use the Twonky web interface?
Please note: Moderators here are voluntary and do not work for PacketVideo or Twonky, please do not attack us. Any posts are personal opinion, and may not be those of PV/Twonky.

frosty
AV Hardware:XBOX 360, Wii, Sony Vaio Laptop, Linux server running Twonky

Post by frosty » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:19 am

i have the new opera browser on my Wii, if i go to the page normally click on song/video comes up with error, unable to use mpeg/mp3-song, but i've installed the webbrowse-js,js file, if i use that 111.111.111.111:9000/webbrowse-js.js opera cant use applet. any suggestions.

ps. all works in IE and XBOX 360 runs fine

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:50 pm

If you are using TMS 5.1 Try visiting this URL:

http://ip:port/resources/wiiPlayer.html

I have noticed however that the Windows versions install this, but my NAS version didn't, so perhaps some products include it, and not others. I will try and get clarification on what the status of the "Wii Player" is.

frosty

Post by frosty » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:15 am

sorry for the delay in replying, this forum dosen't want to work via windows mobile 'IE' or 'Opera'...

first question is where do i get version 5.1 from.. the only version i can get from the download section is 5.0.68...

version i having been using on my linux box is same as above, and as you said wiiPlayer may only be in window version as it not inclued in this one, tried the address, no lucky, then checked the resources directory

thanks for your reply, and did you find out about the status of wiiPlayer?

frosty

Post by frosty » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:03 am

found 5.1 :)

don't like 5.1 lol put it on linux box, no wii support, downloaded window version, couldn't find a file with Wii in the name, but unforunately it crashed my box twice, so back to .68

babinea
AV Hardware:GJHK

Post by babinea » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:29 am

What can you tell me about nintendo wii is it good? I want to buy a video game for my nephew and I am not sure which one is better if nintendo wii or x box360. Can you please give me your opinion and support it?
Last edited by babinea on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

mgillespie
2x Noxon V2 audio client

Post by mgillespie » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:13 am

babinea wrote:What can you tell me about nintendo wii is it good? I want to buy a video game for my nephew and I am not sure which one is better if nintendo wii or x box360. Can you please give me your opinion and support it?
Personally, avoid the Wii, outside of the Nintendo games, everything else is rubbish. Everyone I know that owns one has long since grown tired of it.

The Xbox is also a poor choice, aside from the abysmal relability problems, costly required extras and paid subscriptions to use it online, it's also aimed at a teenager first person shooter audience, with little else to it.

The PS3 is by far the best choice IMHO. These days it's the same price as the Xbox and only a few ££/$$ more than a Wii. It does most of the stuff the Wii does, in that it has plenty of family games (Buzz, Singstar and a whole raft of downloadable titles including the fun minis), it also does the shooters (Killzone, Resistance etc), it does some great driving games (GT5 Motorstorm), does Blu-Ray, is a VERY good upscaling DVD player, proper HDMI 1.3 with support for 7.1 uncompressed audio and bitstreaming, DLNA certified and works great with Twonkymedia, and has a VERY well stocked movie store.

Back on topic, the WiiPlayer is still shipped with the Windows version of TwonkyMedia, but I have no idea why it's missing from the Linux versions, i'll ask that question..

RalfPeter
AV Hardware:Acer H340
Windows Home Server PP3
LG BD390 (dlna, upnp)

Post by RalfPeter » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:52 am

Hi,

Have bought a key for Version 5.1.2 of TMS (and installed it on a Acer H340 with the Add-In). But cannot find the Wii player. Where to look for it?

Happy new year
Ralf

RalfPeter
AV Hardware:Acer H340
Windows Home Server PP3
LG BD390 (dlna, upnp)

Post by RalfPeter » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:58 pm

Ok,

I found it. Installed TMS 5.1.2 on a local pc and copied the two files (WiiPlayer.*) onto the H340 in the resources folder. But the player did not find resourcestrings (LOCALESTR_NOT_FOUND). What can i do?

Fischezauber
AV Hardware:Buffalo Linkstation Pro Dou
Nintendo Wii

Post by Fischezauber » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:29 am

Hi,
I just installed version 5.1.5 on my Buffalo Linkstation Pro Duo. Unfortunately the wiiplayer.* files are still missing. If I start the twonky-server via the opera channel (http://my-ip:port) I can use the navigation but I'm unable to play any format. I receive the Wii Errorcode 420020 unable to use audio/mpeg format.
Is this a twonky- or a nintendo bug or do I just need the wiiplayer.html (where can I get the missing files)???

Thanks in advance