DNS 323 and twonky 7

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
jakeyg
AV Hardware:Samsung TV, PS3, Xbox 360, D-link dns 323
DNS 323 and twonky 7

Post by jakeyg » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:15 am

Hi All

I was digging around my garage and came across my trusty old DNS 323 and decided I would have a play with it. I found Alt-F and decided to give it a run since it supports HDDs larger than 2TB. Many moons ago i installed Twonky (i think it may have been v6 via a nassetup.exe) on a different drive and it was pretty decent, so i decided to try and install it again on my 3TB drive. So after some searching I came across this
http://bernaerts.dyndns.org/nas/73-dns3 ... onkymedia7
and decide to give it a crack. I had a few problems,

Firstly in twonky.sh
this line -> route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev egiga0
did not appear to work and gave me SIOCADDRT errors, after having a bit of a read around i realised it was that egiga0 wasnt on my device and i assumed that the Alt-f firmware renamed it to eth0, so changing the last part of that line appeared to get rid of that error.

Secondly, in the twonky.sh
# start twonky server process
/ffp/opt/twonky/twonkystarter -logfile /dev/null -appdata /ffp/opt/twonky/data/ >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
it seemed as though the logfile was sending to dev/null and i wasnt sure what the last part '>/dev/null 2>/dev/null' was so i just got rid of it and as there was nothing to point to the defualt.ini i added a reference to it
/ffp/opt/twonky/twonkystarter -inifile /ffp/opt/twonky/twonkyserver-default.ini -logfile /var/log/twonkyserver.log -v 4 -appdata /ffp/opt/twonky/data/

However it doesnt appear to be running as i cant log into it via http://192.168.0.32:9000 chrome just says web page is not available. However when i do a grep twonky i get this
[root@NAS]# ps -ef|grep twonky
635 root /ffp/opt/twonky/twonkystarter -logfile /var/log -appdata /ffp/opt/twonky/data/
1960 root [twonkyserver]
1964 root grep twonky

I just cant work out what im doing wrong? Im pretty much a noob when it comes to linux, i can use vi ok, and have a little idea, but not much. If anyone can point me in the right direction? Im just a bit stuck at this point.