Thumbnails for video items

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Xadex
AV Hardware:HP, NUC
Thumbnails for video items

Post by Xadex » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:34 am

I am also have problems with thumbnails using last versions (Linux 7-8, not so long, 2-3 month of using) of Twonky.
For me, correct thumbnails generated for files having .mp4 extension only. But I have a lot of *.ts, *.mpg, *.avi and *.mkv files.
For above mentioned files thumbnails generated too, but with zero file size and extension "*.jpg.unsupported".

Any suggestions?

Twonky-Rene

Re: Thumbnails for video items

Post by Twonky-Rene » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 am

Generating (meaningful) thumbnails for video images is incredibly difficult, if not impossible. You have to find a frame within the video that is representative of the overall movie, which I find very difficult, using any automated tool.

This said, what you can do is you can manually add thumbails to video items. When you place a .jpg file next to a video item, with the same name but .jpg as extension, Twonky Server will use that file as a thumbnail representation for the video.

lsantacruzster
AV Hardware:samsung 600o series tv, iomega HMNHD-CE, ix2-200

Re: Thumbnails for video items

Post by lsantacruzster » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:19 am

twonky 6.0.34 on iomega HMNHD-CE and ix2-200
samsung 6000 series Tv

"you can manually add thumbails to video items. When you place a .jpg file next to a video item, with the same name but .jpg as extension, Twonky Server will use that file as a thumbnail representation for the video."
rene, is there an easy way to make those thumbnails look larger on tv?