Twonky 8 folder view

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
swaby1971
AV Hardware:Qnap TS-220 connected to Naim Mu-So
Twonky 8 folder view

Post by swaby1971 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:12 pm

I have Twonky 8 please can you tell me how to set it Up so I can view via By Folder navigation tree but it plays album tracks alphabetical,I was told by Twonky help that this would be a feature in Twonky 8
How do you set up your own tree to make sort as album track listing.
I contacted Twonky see reply below which I find very strange as it was a simple question to the makers of Twonky!
Any help would be appreciated.

Twonky Support, Mar 11, 04:44:
Dear customer,
I apologize but we are unable to respond to individual technical support requests. Please try to look into the Twonky Community at http://twonky.com/help/ and have a look in our forum at http://www.twonkyforum.com/.
Regarding your question; we don't have this feature yet. In folder view, the navigation is always alphabetically by title. We have a number of requests like yours and we will add a configuration option to tailor this behavior to a user's requirements. Thank you for your feedback!

Simon, Mar 10, 12:31:
Hi
I have Twonky 8 please can you tell me how to set it up as I would like to use the By Folder navigation tree but it plays album tracks alphabetical,how do you set up your own tree to make it do it.
How can I set it to play tracks in order as intended,I have searched Internet but nothing I believe this has been sorted in version 8
Thanks Simon

Nascar2
AV Hardware:WD mycloud

Re: Twonky 8 folder view

Post by Nascar2 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:48 am

@Twonky Support

Is it possible that Twonky change the viewdefinition.xml basically.

An example: In the past I go to my CD Rack, take a disc and put it in my CD Player. I press play and listen my CD sorted by track. Everything is fine.
Now I take my iPad open Lumin click by folder, I looks like my old CD rack, chose an Album click on play an listen my music sorted by trackname. I shure that nobody like liste Albums like this. In Twonky, since a few years, this is default. Why this? Here a simply google search about this.

https://www.google.de/search?ei=hrzxWZ7 ... ve&ssui=on

If you in viewdefinitions.xml change

this

<container name='byfolder' id='music/folders' class='object.container.storageFolder' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack'>
<container buildon='res' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' class='object.container.storageFolder' />

with

<container name='byfolder' id='music/folders' class='object.container.storageFolder' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack'>
<container buildon='res' albumart='1' sortcriteria='+pv:numberOfThisDisc,+upnp:originalTrackNumber,+dc:title' createClass='object.item.audioItem.musicTrack' class='object.container.storageFolder' />

it is possibly to listen music like a CD.

I sure you can make many NAS users happy.

Thank you