AlbumArtists.... Again!

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
arsemyth
AV Hardware:WDMyCloud, Pioneer N50A, Roku Soundbridge
AlbumArtists.... Again!

Post by arsemyth » Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Hi,

I have recently purchased a WDMyCloud to house my music collection and a Pioneer N50A on which to play them. I have a large music collection which I primarily search by Album Artist. I have read all the posts on this forum regarding this (I think!) and understand the technicalities of changing the navigation trees (in a former I was an XML programmer).

However, most of these posts are several years old and I am wondering how relevant they are now. My question is this...

Is it possible to modify the view files in twonky server version 7.2.9 to give me a method of searching by Album Artist?

If so, are there any working examples that I can use as a basis for my own mods?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Roger

Update.... 10 minutes after writing this post I discovered that a) it is possible to amend the view scripts in 7.2.9, and b) I can use the existing xml as examples... All working well so far!

steve1977
AV Hardware:Win10

Re: AlbumArtists.... Again!

Post by steve1977 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:30 am

Any chance to point me what needs to get done to achieve this? I am also desperate to work with albumartist, so very curious how this can be achieved. Thanks!