Twonky 8.1.1 on qnap video file names. Wrong

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
potestus
AV Hardware:Qnap 119 419
Twonky 8.1.1 on qnap video file names. Wrong

Post by potestus » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:48 am

Hi.
After renaming or even deleting and re-imorting a video. The name of the actual video file always stays the same. The folder will change but not the video file.

Tried to clear cache but that doesn't work. Rescan doesn't change anything. In fact how is it finding files that no longer exist under that name.

It must be in residual cache but how do I dete/reset it. There is no seeming logic as to which files it chooses.

frekovea
AV Hardware:android, ps3

Re: Twonky 8.1.1 on qnap video file names. Wrong

Post by frekovea » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I think it is some thing related to the video tags because in previous releases it never showed tag names. In fact, now there is a new advanced option ("By Folder" Navigation/Always use filenames when browsing "By Folder"). If you check this option, the server shows the file name instead of the name read from the tags. But the order still seems to stay depending on tags info.

I dont know if there is a "hidden" option to disable this behavior or if its just a question of being patient to wait for the the next update... (edit video tags is not an option for me :| )

Twonky_Marco
AV Hardware:WDTV Live, PS3, Twonky Server

Re: Twonky 8.1.1 on qnap video file names. Wrong

Post by Twonky_Marco » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:17 am

Hi,

This is a known issue that will be fixed in the next version.
So you really have to wait for the next update.

Regards,
Marco