twonky manager page on NAS not working

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
DrPo
AV Hardware:NAIM NDX streamer
twonky manager page on NAS not working

Post by DrPo » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:01 pm

hello everyone, i cannot seem to be able to perform changes in the 192.xxx.x.x:9000 twonky manager page anymore, the layout is different but none of the menus opens up for details (e.g. status or advanced...)

i run a SEAGATE CENTRAL NAS which does not have an option to update the twonky server on it's own but only as part of the NAS overall firmware so at this point i cannot even tell which twonky version my NAS runs

help anyone?

KR, Greg

DrPo
AV Hardware:NAIM NDX streamer

Re: twonky manager page on NAS not working

Post by DrPo » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:06 pm

Help anyone? The "useless" Twonky congig page I see is attached
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (132.27KiB)Viewed 4870 times

Twonky-Rene

Re: twonky manager page on NAS not working

Post by Twonky-Rene » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:59 pm

The problem is that Seagate has changed their configuration settings. In the latest firmware upgrade, Seagate changed Twonky Server's configuration so, that web access is no longer available.

This should result in a more understandable error message. I can only guess, that the output is the result of some browser cache. Does a SHIFT-RELOAD (force page reload, ignoring cached files) lead to a different result?

Either way, Seagate has disabled Twonky's configuration pages on purpose, so, I am afraid, you will have to contact Seagate if you want this resolved.