Twonky occasionally switches to main menu after playing music tracks/folders

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
bobverens
AV Hardware:windows pc, oppo bd player, sony smart tv
Twonky occasionally switches to main menu after playing music tracks/folders

Post by bobverens » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:27 pm

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, my router is hard-wired directly to Oppo BD 105, music is on external hard drive. Have upgraded faithfully, now running ver. 8.2

My issue: Twonky Server has worked perfectly in the past, going back to early versions, except recently (after ver 7.x) when an album/folder with flac lossless & hi-res tracks ends, Twonky occasionally defaults back to my startup page, forcing me to re-select Twonky and scroll back to my selections. It happens on any random albums/folder, not a specific one. My flacs are immaculately tagged for easy access.

Is this a common problem? I haven't seen it turn up on the forum, but may have missed it.

Thank you,
Bob Verens

Twonky_Marco
AV Hardware:WDTV Live, PS3, Twonky Server

Re: Twonky occasionally switches to main menu after playing music tracks/folders

Post by Twonky_Marco » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:23 am

Hi,

I never heard of this problem before. I have to check that here.
Which web browser do you use? Maybe you have installed any browser plugins that cause this behavior?

Can you add some more details what you are trying to do? Are you queuing different albums and expect them to play one after the other or are you just streaming one album?

Best regards,
Marco

bobverens
AV Hardware:windows pc, oppo bd player, sony smart tv

Re: Twonky occasionally switches to main menu after playing music tracks/folders

Post by bobverens » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:05 pm

Thanks for the reply, Marco.

My browser is latest ver of Firefox, but I don't have any plugins that could conceivably cause this random and fairly recent issue. And no, I don't queue albums; I search by "Artist index" select an artist & specific album and begin playing -- one album at a time -- clicking on first album title. As I mentioned, I go to great pains to tag the metadata in all the flac albums on my external drives, so it can't be that.

On occasion, an album plays only (for example) 6 of 7 titles, then stops. I have to go back to play the last selection(s) by manually clicking on them. I should have taken notes when this occurs, but it "seems" to happen with hi-res (24/96 or higher) albums. Not positive it's confined only to these, but will keep tabs.

I reinstalled Twonky 8.2 again on my Win 7, 64-bit system, so will see if this solves the problem. The biggest frustration, as mentioned, is that the issue is intermittent and not confined to specific albums.

Regards,
Bob Verens