Cant Pause Video Files

General discussion about the media server. Feature requests. Hints, tips and tricks.
Funkybassman
AV Hardware:Pioneer BCS222 Home Cinema
Cant Pause Video Files

Post by Funkybassman » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:16 pm

I've been given a Mybookworld2 NAS drive by Western Digital and have connected it directly to my BT Home Hub 4 router. The idea is to be able to play video directly from the drive without having to have the P.C. powered up.

The drive has connected up to the router ok and the Pioneer BCS222 home cinema system can see it, and can play audio and video OK but the issue is that it will not pause any video files (MKV or AVI's). I dont think its the media as if I play it from a USB hard drive directly connected to the pioneer the files can be paused.

I'm therefore assuming that it may be something to do with the twonky implementation that has come with the NAS drive. Im unsure if its a setting that can be 'tweaked' or possibly some sort of 'mismatch' in the DLNA implementation when the Pioneer is talking to the NAS drive over the network or possibly even a deliberate limitation in the implementation of Twonky to get me to consider purchasing the full product

TwonkyMedia version - 5.1.9
Server hardware - N/A (P.C.)
Operating System - N/A (Windows 7)
If you are running as a system service (Windows only) - N/A
Client(s) and their software version - Pionner BCS222 Home cinema
Type(s) of media you are having problems with Video - (MKV and AVI)
How many files you have in your database - 8
Network type (Wired/Wireless) - NAS is wired to router and Pioneer wireed to a repeater in another room which communicates wirelessly to router and NAS
Other items on your network (Router make/model for example) British Telecom Home Hub 4